Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 IDLE PROBLEM (SMOG REF. IS AFTER ME)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 IDLE PROBLEM (SMOG REF. IS AFTER ME)

Alright I have a 94 H22 in a 92 eg cx. The only thing that's stopping me from going back to the smog ref is my idle. Well when I stop at a light or a stop sign I can pull my gas pedal out just enough to where the idle will jump a couple hundred rpms and then fall back down. Sometimes I don't have to pull the pedal out it will just do it. I have already cleaned the idle control valve and the fast idle control valve. I have also adjusted the screw on the throttle body. Adjusting that screw seemed to help a little but every so often it will start up again. Any help would be great because I can't find one person who knows what's going on and I have already gotten 3 extensions from the court. It's getting to the point where I'm thinking of selling it. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 09-25-2004, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 IDLE PROBLEM (H22CREW)

are you saying its a problem with the tb cable, the pedal mechanism itself or the engine? If its the engine i would sea foam it, fixed my idle, may want to check the pedal and cable also.

I live in san diego to, we should meet up sometime. Id be happy to take a look at a fellow h22 hybrids car.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H22CREW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright I have a 94 H22 in a 92 eg cx. The only thing that's stopping me from going back to the smog ref is my idle. Well when I stop at a light or a stop sign I can pull my gas pedal out just enough to where the idle will jump a couple hundred rpms and then fall back down. Sometimes I don't have to pull the pedal out it will just do it. I have already cleaned the idle control valve and the fast idle control valve. I have also adjusted the screw on the throttle body. Adjusting that screw seemed to help a little but every so often it will start up again. Any help would be great because I can't find one person who knows what's going on and I have already gotten 3 extensions from the court. It's getting to the point where I'm thinking of selling it. PLEASE HELP!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Check all hoses for vacuum leaks.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:13 AM

Default Re: H22 IDLE PROBLEM (uncle)

I looked at the hoses but I couldn't find anything wrong with them. I think this has something to do with the motor but it's just funny that when I'm at a complete stop I can pull the gas pedal out a little and the idle problem will occur. I tried to adjust the cable and it didn't make a difference. Is there anyway it could be the TPS sensor? Now that I adjusted the screw on the throttle body it idles funny when I first start the car but runs fine after it warms up. Every once in a while it will start acting up again. Maybe I should just take my chances and just try to smog it, hopefully the idle will stay calm.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to install idle solenoid. It looks like the purge valve and it helps control the idle on h22as