Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 Guys using the Hasport EGH2 kit- Axle talk....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 Guys using the Hasport EGH2 kit- Axle talk....

Have you guys found a oem axle combo that works with the EGH2 kit in a 92-95 Civic? I have this kit with their axles in my H22 Civic. I seem to get a pretty good vibration when I accelerate. I know my alignment in on the money and suspension is good and all nuts/bolts are tight. Back when I was running the HCP kit with oe axles, it was as smooth as a strippers ***

Any ideas?????
Old 12-12-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: H22 Guys using the Hasport EGH2 kit- Axle talk.... (BigBlock)

C'mon guys...
Old 12-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BigBlock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I seem to get a pretty good vibration when I accelerate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same with swap I did. It is not a lot, but enough to upset me.

I was going to do a OEM axles on the car, but pressed for time, he ordered the axles. The passenger is VERY short, You are going to need a short shaft.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are either of you guys running a JDM LSD transmission?
Old 12-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: H22 Guys using the Hasport EGH2 kit- Axle talk.... (keithg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by keithg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are either of you guys running a JDM LSD transmission? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, told DSS that it was running LSD.

Edit, the transmission was larger on the top-end then a regular transmission (h22a)
Old 12-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 Guys using the Hasport EGH2 kit- Axle talk.... (Turbogixxer)

You may need a slightly shorter axle on the passenger side with the JDM LSD trans.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whay kinda axles do you have 89 integra axles are shorter...
Old 12-12-2005, 08:00 PM

Default Re: (JSPECunit)

Stupid suggestion, but did you try or at least compare the axles that you used with your HCP mounts? What is the difference? Normally it's the passanger side axle that causes the binding vibrations, so what is the difference (in terms of length) in the pass. side axle? And on a side note, why did you switch to the Hasport EGH2 kit?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Re: (slim9300)

When I first switched to the Hasports I tried my 89 Teg axle combo, I got nasty axle bind...

Now I am considering goping back to the HCP's. The only problem I had with the HCP's was the rear mount bushing was always breaking...
Old 12-12-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: (BigBlock)

That's crazy. I beat my integra for three years and never broke a mount. It probably won't work, but did you try using just the rear mount from the Hasport kit? I am sure it has a different design, but at least it's worth a shot.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got the hasport egh2 kit and the axles from hmotors, i get mad vibration like after 50mph if i'm cruising, when racing i don't feel a thing
Old 12-14-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: (antivic)

I called Hasport, but of course they cant be wrong, its always the customers fault
Old 12-15-2005, 06:09 PM

That's BS man. Most companies are pretty good about things like that. I would suggest that you threaten then with making a H-T thread and a call to the BBB. Import companies will do almost anything to avoid the H-T bandwagon effect from hearing a story about a company who won't work with a poor college student who scraped up a few bucks to buy something nice for his car. And then have the part be defective. LOL. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Banned.

I am getting a lot of people with axle problems on the hasport kits mainly the h22 EG and I am thinking of producing a motor mount kit to fix this problem and maximize ground clearance and find a good suitable axle solution... as I did with my h22 crx...I just need a week with a H22 EG and a few $ for the new motor mounts and I can make some people happy
Old 12-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ExplicitSpeed360)

We had a local guy bring in his car today with a similar problem. He was getting vibration at certain rpm. The problem was worse with a passenger in the car. We had a look at his car and the transmission was touching the right frame rail at certain rpm. I am not saying this is your problem but you might want to check to see if there is any evidence of this. If you are local to Hasport we would be happy to take a look at your car to see if we can help.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BigBlock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When I first switched to the Hasports I tried my 89 Teg axle combo, I got nasty axle bind...

Now I am considering goping back to the HCP's. The only problem I had with the HCP's was the rear mount bushing was always breaking...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The hasport is such better quality than the hcp. I didn't have any problems with my hcp kit although I filled the inside of the rear and drivers side mount with 3M window seal for added support I know Darknight stuffed extra urethene inserts in his hcp mounts for the same reason.

That's damn fustrating to have a nice mount kit and axle vibrations. With that new motor of yours I wouldn't run the hcp kit..........
Old 12-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Look at your transmission where it is close to the frame and see if there is evidence of contact. On the car I looked at today the aluminum was dented where the trasnmission was making contact during acceleration. Under acceleration the engine shifts forward and even though there amy be clearance at rest or idle it changes as you accelerate.

brian g
Old 12-16-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: (skunked)

I agree, I defenitly dont want to go back to HCP. But at least then I would have a smooth car. This is by no means a bash against Hasport, they are a verry reputable company with very good products. I am just wondering if there is a solution to my problem.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by keithg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> He was We had a look at his car and the transmission was touching the right frame rail at certain rpm. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Well, on my car and 3 others that I have done, the passenger side framerail has to be "notched" for the tranny casing to fit. This is something that I had to figure out, as it is not mentioned in the Hasport instructions. Maybe Hasport could send me out a shorter axle to try .
I am also working with azracemachine and Raxles on their H22 kit, we'll see...
Old 12-17-2005, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am getting the same vibration with my axles with the new hasport mounts
Old 12-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

With the EGH2 mount kit it is necessary to notch the passenger side frame rail to clear the transmission case. We did it that way to make room on the drivers side frame rail for air conditioning. You are correct that it does not say that you need to notch the passenger side frame rail in the instructions and we will change that ASAP. If you don't have a JDM LSD trans (very rare) the axles should be the correct length. The offer still stands that we would be happy to take a look at your car to help figure it out.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: (keithg)

Well I guess that would be good, oh wait your 300 miles away
Old 12-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry, I thought you were local. My mistake.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (keithg)

I am very happy with my gator'! Also, I did have an oem parts axle combo o their befor the gators, but just kept breaking.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: (Truman001)

So any news on a solution or does everybody have to drive out to your shop?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your user profile states that you are in Central AZ, hence the reason it was thought that you are local to Hasport. Unless we can duplicate the problem ourselves, it is hard to recommend a solution. If you would like to send the axle in, we will be glad to inspect it at no charge. Keep in mind that it was never stated that "it is always the customers fault", and we're sorry that you took it that way.

Quick Reply: H22 Guys using the Hasport EGH2 kit- Axle talk....