Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22 eg swap wiring questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 eg swap wiring questions.

does anyone have a definitive write up or info on wiring the h22 up in an eg hatch(cx).

the things i am looking for are the exact sensors on the civic harness that i need to extend, and rougly how long do i need to extend them, and which sensors i need to use from the prelude harness ie. alternator plug etc.

any help would be appreciated as i have not found the info i'm looking for in the eg h22 swap faq.

thanks in advance
Old 03-16-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: h22 eg swap wiring questions. (see_our_vtec)

bump for the night crew.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:41 AM

Bump same questions here.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 eg swap wiring questions. (BoOstInHaRd)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=650329

Don't look too hard for the answers.....
Old 03-17-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: h22 eg swap wiring questions. (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=650329

Don't look too hard for the answers.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

i allready looked through there and didn't find the answers i need as i stated in my first post.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by see_our_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i allready looked through there and didn't find the answers i need as i stated in my first post.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then ask more specific questions. That's the post I used for my swap. Worked out great.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

have you even tried to fit the harness on the motor yet? Obviously not our you could anwser your own question here like the rest of us have.

Maybe you should call HASPORT and have them make you a harness since extending the wires is such a difficult task.......
Old 03-17-2005, 09:42 AM

I understand where you are coming from with your question...even if the answers are in the post at top of screen it may not be too clear.

What you need to do is to attach the harness as stated by 'skunked' then see how far you need to lenghten what.

The injectors are going to be the most of any sort that you need to lenghten (about 12"s to be safe) All other sensors that are hard to reach will need at most 10" (iat, iacv, maybe map or tps)
Old 03-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 eg swap wiring questions. (92hybridAccord)

on my GSR all I had to lengthen was the starter signal and the alternator. Everything else was fine. I know civics are different since they are setup for a D series unlike the tegs.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my del sol, i had to change the alternator wires, lengthen vss, rev light, add a resistor box for injectors, and run vtec wires. That was pretty much it. And lenghten starter wires too.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:55 AM

now that you guys chimed in on what you had to put more length to...i'm sure 'see_our_vtec' will be satisfied with his wire tips'

The reason i mentioned those sensors (not the obvious) is because i was thinking about future needs if necessary. I didn't want my woring to be a tight fit but rather to have some room to play with (hiding wires, plus tapping into power sources if needed)
Old 03-17-2005, 12:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you even tried to fit the harness on the motor yet? Obviously not our you could anwser your own question here like the rest of us have.

Maybe you should call HASPORT and have them make you a harness since extending the wires is such a difficult task.......</TD></TR></TABLE>

i didn't say it was a difficult task, i was asking because i thought maybe some of you knew off of the top of your head which sensors needed to be lengthened and exactly how long.

it's much easier to do it outside of the car when i know which ones i need to work with instead of running back and forth mounting the harness and wiring it up.

thanks to everyone else for the help, i plan on doing a write-up on here to clear a few things up on this swap because not everything gets covered to where it is easy to understand.

edit: post made by see_our_vtec
Old 03-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 eg swap wiring questions. (RatedRMotorsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RatedRMotorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i didn't say it was a difficult task, i was asking because i thought maybe some of you knew off of the top of your head which sensors needed to be lengthened and exactly how long.

it's much easier to do it outside of the car when i know which ones i need to work with instead of running back and forth mounting the harness and wiring it up.

thanks to everyone else for the help, i plan on doing a write-up on here to clear a few things up on this swap because not everything gets covered to where it is easy to understand.

edit: post made by see_our_vtec</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just mount the harness on the car and do all the soldering and shrink wrap while it's mounted.....I just did an EG the other day. I think the write up will benefit HT...no doubt.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I just mount the harness on the car and do all the soldering and shrink wrap while it's mounted.....I just did an EG the other day. I think the write up will benefit HT...no doubt.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, i am going to do it outside of the car because i can get a little messy with soldering and the engine is really clean and don't want to mess it up.

alot of the swap questions that one would have were covered in the faq up top, but there are a few things people left out which is why i'm going to do a write up of my own to add.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All I had to legthen was the alternator wires and starter wire, if you just cut the loom on the harness all of your sensor will reach. You do need to mount the harness on the motor to get a clear picture of what you have to do.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: h22 eg swap wiring questions. (fastwanabe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastwanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All I had to legthen was the alternator wires and starter wire, if you just cut the loom on the harness all of your sensor will reach. You do need to mount the harness on the motor to get a clear picture of what you have to do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i did that yesterday to get a feel for it, i just want to keep it as clean as possible