Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 EG civic weird idle

Old 07-09-2007, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 EG civic weird idle

I have a 1993 civic si which I swapped my d16z6 to an JDM h22 and i'm pulling 2 codes, 14, and 20. I am using the p13 and I pulled off the IACV and cleaned the **** out of it and put it back on and it's still giveing me the error. My idle is really messed, if I pull back on the gas pedal the car will stall and my idle is all over the place. I plugged my old p28 ecu in and everything seemed to be good until the car got to normal temperture and it starts to bog out when I punch it. Any ideas on what to do with the 14(IACV) or the code 20.

PS. I took the intake tube off and plugged the top hole inside the TB and then the bottom and nothing really changed, still a messed up idle.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 EG civic weird idle (g_kilfoyl)

have you properly bleed the coolant system? my h22 was giving me some problems also. try thorughly cleaning the FITV and adjusting the piece for it.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:26 PM

How do I bleed the coolant system properly
Old 07-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (g_kilfoyl)

do a quick search for bleeding coolant. This is the method i used. Filled the radiator as much as possible. Next I started the car with the coolant cap off so the coolant can circulate through the engine and air can also escape. As the engine was running with the cap off, I continued to slowly put more coolant into the engine. Have to do this slow so the engine can suck it through and it does not over flow from the radiator. I then put the coolant cap on and on the thermastat housing there is a bleeding valve. Forget the size of it, but take a socket and slowly loosen the valve. Coolant should come out. When it is more of a steady stream you will then know you dont have any air bubbles left. When lossening the bleeding valve, put a paper towel or something around it because steaming hot coolant will shoot out. Learned that the hard way lol.