Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 Del sol,,, just need to clarify some issues...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 Del sol,,, just need to clarify some issues...

First off, im not going to ask, WHAT MOUNTS? hahah
Il be using HCP mounts
DSS hybrid axles
i have USDM shifter cables and shifter braket and crap
Only real question/issue i am unsure of is the wiring harnesses.
I have a 94 del sol Si which has the SOCH VTEC engine in it.
POISON made a PIMP *** post with H22 how to into EGs, it rocks. Only thing i found wierd was he said you have the rewire the O2 sensor plug only on CX and VX models... Well the VX Eg is basically the same thing engine/wiring wise to my 94 del sol both have SOHC VTEC engines. POISON also said if you have the dx/ex/ andsome other harness you dont need to wire that o2 crap up.
----Will my 94 del slo harness workwithout rewireing o2?
i know i have to add wires for knock and lengthen them for this and that and add the resistor box.
----I have a 93 civic DX coupe wiring harness, POISON said that one doesnt need to rewire the o2 sensor, can i use that in my Del sol instead,so i can avoid this 02 rewiring process?? thanks to all that help me out on this one.
-james
Old 12-12-2003, 04:39 PM

Default Re: H22 Del sol,,, just need to clarify some issues... (SofaKing)

your del sol harness should work because its already configured to a 4 wire o2 sensor. so if you want to avoid rewiring it to a 4 wire o2 sensor then just stick to your sohc vtec wiring harness. also its already prewired for vtec pressure, vtec solenoid and such.

and about the dx wiring harness, i'm not sure but i thinks it already prewired for a 4 wire o2 configuration. anyhow if you want to do it that way you'll have to add the vtec wires and such. a couple more wiring involved but it shouldn't be anything new.

Just use your sohc vtec harness makes it alot easier. I hope that helps if you have any more question just hit me up peace out
Old 12-12-2003, 04:45 PM

Default Re: H22 Del sol,,, just need to clarify some issues... (racerxfear)

Okay sounds good to me. One last follow upper question becuase Poison's post was kind of confusing becuase he discussed all 5 models in one post, not easy.
---If i use the SOHC VTEC harness from the del slo, will the distributor plug work with the h22 OBD1 distributor plug? also with the h22 i have, the stock distruibutor has a stock external coil that requires a plug from the prelude engine harness, how the hell does that work with the del sol SOHC VTEC harness???
Old 12-12-2003, 11:27 PM

kay there's two way you can do this
1. use the external coil with the prelude distributor and or
2. just keep the stock distributor and add an internal coil inside the distributor

Personally i would just do #2 because its not that hard. i've done this to my friends civic w/ a usdm h22 swap. And your sohc vtec harness would just plug up to your h22 obd1 distributor plug without any modification. I dont remember the details cuz its been a while but i can get a hold of my friend and takes sum pics and guide you thru the details involved in making the coil internal, if you want. but it takes a max of 30 minutes soldering the wiring and so.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:31 AM

Default Re: H22 Del sol,,, just need to clarify some issues... (racerxfear)

damnit,,,well, ill use the external coil. The fact that its external is fine with me. Only problem that has me worrying is that the external coil has a plug that the US h22 harness plugs into. Im pretty sure the Del sol harness doesnt have2 plugs for the distributor, and especially one for a stock external coil.
----I wish i knew the answer! ARG..
Old 12-13-2003, 10:56 AM

anyone to answer the above question?? ^^^^
Old 12-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SofaKing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damnit,,,well, ill use the external coil. The fact that its external is fine with me. Only problem that has me worrying is that the external coil has a plug that the US h22 harness plugs into. Im pretty sure the Del sol harness doesnt have2 plugs for the distributor, and especially one for a stock external coil.
----I wish i knew the answer! ARG.. </TD></TR></TABLE>if you want to keep the external wires from the H22 and have it plug up to the H22 distributor you will need to extract all the pins off the H22 distributor plugs then take them off the SOHC plug then switch them over to the H22 distr. HTH