Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 civic guys: please help

Old 01-23-2003, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 civic guys: please help

Ok first of all Id like to thank Jason Kidd and Poison for all the good info. So Ive got my H22 mounted in my 92 HB VX (bwahahaha), but I still have a few things to figure out.

vacuum hoses: 1 coming off the evap cylinder, 1 coming out of the vacuum box (which I suspect should go into int. mani.), 1 starting at the EGR valve and then running across the plastic piece over the fuel injectors, and 1 coming out of the int. mani. which was originally clipped to the previously mentioned hose.

I have heard that the civic throttle cable will not work. is this true? if so, any advise as to removing the throttle cable from both my civic and wrecked lude would be great.

One more thing, do I need to customize my exhaust header? and can I use the prelude CC?

Any help is greatly appreciated and I apologize for the long post and noob questions.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:38 PM

Default Re: H22 civic guys: please help (dreamer)

Ok first of all Id like to thank Jason Kidd and Poison for all the good info. So Ive got my H22 mounted in my 92 HB VX (bwahahaha), but I still have a few things to figure out.

vacuum hoses: 1 coming off the evap cylinder, 1 coming out of the vacuum box (which I suspect should go into int. mani.), 1 starting at the EGR valve and then running across the plastic piece over the fuel injectors, and 1 coming out of the int. mani. which was originally clipped to the previously mentioned hose.

I have heard that the civic throttle cable will not work. is this true? if so, any advise as to removing the throttle cable from both my civic and wrecked lude would be great.

One more thing, do I need to customize my exhaust header? and can I use the prelude CC?

Any help is greatly appreciated and I apologize for the long post and noob questions.
damn the vac thing i cant help u on, dont remember, civic cable is fine i use one, if you want to use the prelude cc and header u will have to get the exhaust to fit the flange on the cat. The flange is inexpensive. I think the best idea is to get a straight pipe with custom flages so u dont have to ruin a good exhaust or header. get a flex pipe if you do, thats what i did
Old 01-23-2003, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok. first off, vacuum lines on the h22 is a pain in the ***. I'll add a page to the diagrams about that **** ASAP.

As for hooking up evap canistor. The hose on the EVAP goes on the nipple on top of the throttle body by the MAP sensor vacuum line.

The vacuum line coming off the Intake Manifold is not very necessary, since it's just a capped off vacuum line, anyway, you can put that most likely on any nipple on the intake manifold.

As for all of the other ones. Cap them ALL off, EXCEPT the vacuum line on the very side (For IAB's). You may hook up IAB's as it's supposed to be hooked up, but I have yet to see an H22 hybrider with factory functioning IAB's.

The One off the EGR you can remove (if you are not installing EGR system).

The very side nipple, take a vacuum hose, and connect that directly to the IAB valve.

Here is a diagram if you wish to hook things up to factory:

This is BS. I am using my civic cable now and it works wonders.

Use the Prelude Throttle Cable bracket and turn it around. All you need to do is make it so it's mounted and tight connection.

Here is a pic of the bracket when my motor was out of the car (before installation)

Take it to a muffler shop and have it hooked up.

and you can use the prelude cat if you choose, just have it hooked up at the muffler shop.

[Modified by poison, 8:12 PM 1/23/2003]
Old 01-23-2003, 06:14 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know what your question is with the vacuum hoses is, but for the throttle cable on an EG Civic, you can move the throttle cable bracket back and use only 1 mounting location and connect the Civic throttle cable to it. You have to do this since the Prelude throttle cable is shorter. It's not the cleanest way to do it but it works.

Old 01-23-2003, 07:30 PM

Default Re: H22 civic guys: please help (Newman)

Yeah I just used one mounting point too. I had to open up the one mounting location just alittle bit by drilling it alittle wider though.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:53 PM

Don't know what your question is with the vacuum hoses is, but for the throttle cable on an EG Civic, you can move the throttle cable bracket back and use only 1 mounting location and connect the Civic throttle cable to it. You have to do this since the Prelude throttle cable is shorter. It's not the cleanest way to do it but it works.
This is exactly what I did as well.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:19 PM

Default Re: H22 civic guys: please help (poison)

hell yea guys thanks for the input, especially regarding the throttle cable.

will my car be likely to pass inspection/emissions with all those vacuum hoses capped? my engine is stock h22a4. for now.

Old 01-23-2003, 09:36 PM

yes it should be able to pass emissions no problem..

of course, that also depends on what state you are located in/register in.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:22 AM

Wow I remember back when poison was just starting and he had all these questions. Now he is not only the President, but also a client.. hehe Good job on handling the questions.. And glad to see you still around Newman even if you sold out.. !!

Newman: IM me when you are ready to talk about the HCP business..
Old 01-24-2003, 07:59 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: H22 civic guys: please help (Jason kiDD)

And glad to see you still around Newman even if you sold out.. !!

Newman: IM me when you are ready to talk about the HCP business..

Didn't "sell out" or whatever people are refferring to. Been busy this past month moving locations and openning up a new shop with a lot more inventory, and now pushing those parts to people who are looking for motors, parts, swaps, mounts, etc, and it's picking up really fast -- check sig below.

As for the HCP business, no prob.... check your PM.

Old 01-24-2003, 08:53 AM

lol Actually I dont know what else everyone has been saying. I was just talking about how you sold the hatch.. But I will check my PM.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:33 AM

Default Re: H22 civic guys: please help (Jason kiDD)

lol. thanks jason. i have you to thank a lot for all the info heh
Old 01-24-2003, 10:27 AM

hehe And I have Newman to thank for all of mine... When he was around that is!! lol