Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22 civic which fuel filter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 civic which fuel filter?

i recently completed my swap, now i need to knoe if the fuel filter for the stock 93 civic cx is up to the task for the h22. i installed a 255 walbro fuel pump allready but no FPR yet. wanna knoe which fuel filter should i use? are there any differences between CX EX or Si fuel filters? and would i run into problems not having a FPR?...

thanks in advance
Old 05-29-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Re: h22 civic which fuel filter? (spooned out)

just the stock fuel filter should be fine.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: h22 civic which fuel filter? (SIckH22Atch)

ya just the stock one.. they are all the same
Old 05-30-2004, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22 civic which fuel filter? (spooned out)

Get an FPR as soon as you can. With the 255lph on the stock motor/header/intake/ecu you'll end up running extremely rich as I did.

I put my walbro in (255lph) and instant black smoke everytime I hit crossover.

By the way, get someone who's qualified to mess with your fuel pressure to do it. You don't want to lean it out and blow up your newly installed motor.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:41 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: h22 civic which fuel filter? (DarkKnight[DMD])

Yes, just use the stock fuel filter (engine bay)

Yes, get a fuel pressure regulator (FPR) on the fuel rail and a pressure gauge so you can fine tune the fuel pressure. Otherwise, when you put a larger pump into the tank, that'll increase the volume and pressure and it'll run too rich until you fine-tune it.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:04 PM

Default Re: h22 civic which fuel filter? (Newman)

installed new fuel filter (oem) and B&M gauge, it shows me at 40psi (idle).... i been having slight idle problems, car would idle fine at first but when i give it alittle rev it would idle irractically nothing big just 300-1000 for a min or so but then kinda work itself out but still repeats same thing if i rev it (hmmmmmmmm).. i have no cel's and currently using O2 sensor from a sohc for now.... today i pulled the spark plugs to see what condition they were in (original plugs)... i noticed the tip seemed white and the base was black? i teste drove the car for half a mile never had the chance to push it yet actually never pushed it over 5 thousand rpm so not sure if my vtec kicks in yet... my question is should my plugs be like this if i have not run the car hard? since its mostly sits at idle while im working out the bugs and yes the infamous idle surge with h22 swaps...if anything i thought i whould be running rich with the setup i have for now..

stats:
93 cx H22A swap
93 accord AEM fuel rail with stock fpr (40psi idle)
stock headers / ghetto exhaust setup
HCP mounts (jdmshit.com) with 93 axles and 90 accord shaft
exedy clutch
stock spark plugs and stock plug wires (orignal)
Hasport wiring harness (moded)
95 jdm rear disk conversion (ABS)?
Integra CSF radiator (AT) fan does not run until atleast 20mins of idle "norma"?
slim fan

car seem to run fine in the short test, well see how it does when i push it, kinda weird that fan does not come on earlier the coolant temp never reaches half.. still have slight idleing issues... whats wrong with using stock FPR if the pressure is reading at 40psi? im assuming im running rich because of the 255 walbro pump with stock FPR but my plugs seem to make me wonder...

any thoughts or info from experience H22'ers would be nice.... not sure who i spoke with at Jdmshit but he helped out alot nice service.... thanks

Modified by spooned out at 4:14 AM 6/1/2004
Old 05-31-2004, 07:09 PM

Default Re: h22 civic which fuel filter? (Newman)

is this just a civic h22a thing or what, because when you swap an h22a into an accord and use the hi flow walbro pump you run richer than stock, but nothing bad....ran a 14.5 on my setup running that rich with a few basic mods in a 3000lb car.....

the h22a runs rich anyway