Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-T Gurus, please help with h22 swap issue...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H-T Gurus, please help with h22 swap issue...

I have just done an H22 Swap (OBD1) into this car. I made the harness myself, and stepped it down to OBD1 from OBDIIB.

I have an engine light. A code 9 (CYP Sensor) has occured. I have testing my wiring. Tested for resistance at the orange and white out of the distributor to get 389 ohms (within the spec of the factory rating of 350-700). I then tested for continuity from the orange to ground, and white to ground AT THE DISTRIBUTOR end and come up with negative. I've then tested for resistance at the ECU plug (with the distributor plugged in of course) and come up with 388 ohms, and proceeded to check for continuity to ground and come up with NEGATIVE.

I have then used the 'snap on' scanner (Modius using Advantage PLUS for sensor check), and did my sensor function test for resistance, pulse, frequency, KOEC, within-spec, at both the distributor and at the ECU. All tested have yielded results WITHIN sensor limitations and ranges.

I've as well had TWO other H22 swapped cars here that I have taken both the distributor and ECU from this car and placed on BOTH other cars to only NOT get an engine light. Of course, I've then the ecu and distributor from BOTH other H22 cars (which run with NO engine lights) in this car and have yielded an engine light with both ECU and distributor (ironically enough, a code 9 ). As of an hour ago, the valve cover came off, the crank set to TDC (through the inspection hole between the tranny and block), and the cam gears have both been noted to be BANG ON in timing marks. Ferarri's aren't timed up this well.

On a side note, YES the grounded sheilding wire is still run through the harness, and is still connected. As well, two wires have been run from directly at the distributor to the ECU directly still throwing a CODE 9 when running. Inspection of the ECU plug has showed a bit of corrosion, so the entire plug was replaced (all wires cut, new plug soldered and taped into the harness, and of course, Mr. CEL 9 has come back to visit.

Any suggestions? i am running out of things to try, and am getting pretty frustrated..