Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On a GSR swap, when switching pins A17.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On a GSR swap, when switching pins A17.....

I was trying to hook up my IAB's and I think I know what I did wrong now, but I was wondering when you say "switch pin A20 with A17" I dont know what pin you are talking about, for one there is nothing in either of those spots....

And I have been unsuccessful in trying to keep the wire in there, and I suck at soldering, am I supposed to use a certain type of connecter and just crimp it in and push the connecter in the ecu???

I just did a search and needed to know this little detail. Also it is OBD 1, so I just need to put one wire in A17 and ground the other wire right?
Old 06-25-2003, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: On a GSR swap, when switching pins A17..... (redman223)

When wiring IAB's, it gets a little tricky.

Being OBD1, you will just need to wire the pnk/blu (I believe the color is) to the A17 pinout, and the other wire to a Yel/Blk or A25 which is a positive source.

Here is a pin out diagram:

HTH
Old 06-26-2003, 03:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: On a GSR swap, when switching pins A17..... (poison)

But how do you wire it to that socket? Do I just shove a wire in there or is there some sort of connector to use?
Old 06-26-2003, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redman223 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But how do you wire it to that socket? Do I just shove a wire in there or is there some sort of connector to use?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You need some extra pins with wires leads then you can solder the wire to that. Don't just push the wire into the pinout and hope it stays there.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:48 AM

Default Re: On a GSR swap, when switching pins A17..... (VTECVillain)

I HAD the same question. I'm assuming, I can find those pins at a radio shack or something....
Old 06-26-2003, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: On a GSR swap, when switching pins A17..... (SpyderZEX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpyderZEX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I HAD the same question. I'm assuming, I can find those pins at a radio shack or something.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

No you can't even buy them from Honda. You'll need to get them from a salvage yard.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:07 AM

Wow, I didn't know that. I'm glad I asked that question..... Thanks for the help. Much appreciated....
Old 06-26-2003, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECVillain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No you can't even buy them from Honda. You'll need to get them from a salvage yard.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's where I get all my fuses and small misc. parts

BTW &gt;&gt; I just got my IAB / secondaries working yesterday (swap has been in and running for over 2 months). You want to run the pink/blue wire to A17 on the ECU. Cut the black wire off the IAB close to the sensor connection under the IM. Run it to the junction power harness that is located on the drivers sdie shock tower. The junction power harness is the harness that looks to be capped off containing nothing but yellow/black wires (power).

Hope that helps!

Old 06-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: On a GSR swap, when switching pins A17..... (Hybrid93Hatch)

So if I am stuck somewhere without a junkyard nearby, I am basically out of luck? Not even an electrical shop would have them?
Old 06-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: On a GSR swap, when switching pins A17..... (Hybrid93Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's where I get all my fuses and small misc. parts

BTW &gt;&gt; I just got my IAB / secondaries working yesterday (swap has been in and running for over 2 months). You want to run the pink/blue wire to A17 on the ECU. Cut the black wire off the IAB close to the sensor connection under the IM. Run it to the junction power harness that is located on the drivers sdie shock tower. The junction power harness is the harness that looks to be capped off containing nothing but yellow/black wires (power).

Hope that helps!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha I'm glad you FINALLY got your IAB working, I still remember all your posts regarding to this problem. thanks for the update
Old 06-26-2003, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redman223 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So if I am stuck somewhere without a junkyard nearby, I am basically out of luck? Not even an electrical shop would have them?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Basically if you can't find them at a junkyard then you need to ask around and get or buy some from someone else. If you're like me you come prepared for battle with about 5 of every gen OBD engine and chassis harnesses.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:52 PM

anyone that sells custom made harnesses on ebay, can probably sell you some spare pins.

Hit me up, and I'm sure I can find someone for you, but they'll be taxed...

-PHiZ