Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GSR supercharged to CRX si swap can it be done

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GSR supercharged to CRX si swap can it be done

I've heard several people tell me that the swap cannot be done without a custom master cylinder or other custom parts.

I want to stick a acura integra GSR engine and tranny with a jackson racing supercharger into a 1991 crx

I've also been told that you have to beat out the frame.

I've been told so many diffrent stories I don't know what to believe.

All I want to know is honestly can the swap be done without any custom specialized parts. I realize a wiring harness adapter will have to be purchased
but I really want to know wether this swap is possible.

Also where do you guys get guides on doing swaps. I have not found any definitive sources that give step by step instructions on doing swaps. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying people would pay for a manual with all the swaps and pictures just kinda wondering why nobody has done it or if there is a definitive source on doing it. Hasport even told me my stuff wouldn't fit in the crx but I talked with a guy on youtube who has the gsr with a blower in his crx and he told me all he had to do was beat out the frame.

Someone on here has to know for a fact wether I can do the swap no sense in me buying a crx if I can't and I know a gsr motor can be swapped but I have the roots blower so it's a little bit different situation.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GSR supercharged to CRX si swap can it be done

one way to find out. do the swap. if the supacharger dont fit. selll it to me =D