Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GSR Motor in an EK9

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR Motor in an EK9

Whats up everyone. I am about to embark on my swap.. Hand a few questions. Pulled my B-18C1 outta my old integra. Wanna toss it in an EK. But i got the OBD problem. I know i need the converter, but where? also. Is there anything else im gonna need???besides motor mounts, and a bunch of hoses,lol. Plus i hear my B-18 Tranny is too Long. True??? I dunno guess im just worried bout the OBD problem. Anyone know?
Old 01-22-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Re: GSR Motor in an EK9 (anthonycharleston04)

First off you don't have an EK9, you have an EJ6. Secondly this is a VERY simple question that can easily be answered if you jsut take the time to search and read.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Re: GSR Motor in an EK9 (xEnderx)

ook. First off. If you dont have an answer, then shut the expletive up. Let the people that know reply. Researching includes asking question. U got a answer for my question? or u just gonna be a dumbshit with your thumb up your ***. Go rub one off to midget ****...
Old 01-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by anthonycharleston04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ook. First off. If you dont have an answer, then shut the expletive up. Let the people that know reply. Researching includes asking question. U got a answer for my question? or u just gonna be a dumbshit with your thumb up your ***. Go rub one off to midget ****...</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you act like this then no one will help .. so calm down .. search before you ask and if you cant find the answer then we can try to help .. i guess you didnt read that in rules ..also lay off of ender ..

back to the topic: you need rear engine bracket from 99-00 si, left hand engine bracket from 99-00si or 94-97 del sol vtec, use the front transmission bracket off your integra .. i think thats it on mounts .. or get aftermarket mounts/brackets, use your axels from your integra, use your shift linkage from the integra.. also what year is your integra when i know that i can go into more detail about wiring .. but i know there is plenty of info on this just search for it..

forgot to add .. the adapter harness plugs into your existing harness under the panel on the passenger side .. where your ecu is .. if you cant find this then i just dont know
Old 01-22-2006, 07:50 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo anthony chill the expletive out, your a newbie, you have no pull around here to flame.

You heard wrong about your tranny. The Civic Si in 99 had a B-series and the B18 tranny is the same size, shape wise. It will fit, and the tranny mount is in the same location. So you need the mounting brackets off a 99 Civic Si. Also, what year is your B18C1? if its before 96, you'll need a OBD-I to OBD-II converter plug harness. Some hoses may not fit, you may want to upgrade your radiator if your planning on revving it and living in hot weather all the time. You will also need a refrigerant collector if your planning on keeping it. You may want slightly stiffer springs since the front will be a little heavier with the B18 (by appx. 35lbs off the top of my head.) but odds are you won't notice. To convert a motor from OBD-I to II, search here, there are a few things you'll need. Check out FAQ thread. Welcome to Honda-tech and chill the hell out, or we'll kick you off.

Seriously, search (FAQ thread). We have done this before, so I wont give ya a walkthrough.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:36 PM

Default Re: GSR Motor in an EK9 (Redline96LX)

ok guys. thanks for ur help. but regardless of how long ive been on this forum thing...it doesnt mean im gonna be bitched round. sorry this forum isnt the center of everybodies attention. Just came here to find some info. Not to get 'Stuff' from people. being new on here doesnt mean anything really....and sorry. ive asses like him say stuff like that. i wont chill out. too bad i guess but dont know what to tell u guys. this isnt a gang. its a forum...source of info...