Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GSR in hatch.....ecu fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR in hatch.....ecu fuse keeps blowing

wheres the first place i should be lookin for to find the short. it just happen the other day out of nowhere..now the car wont start..i have no fuel and no stark. any help is good help.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: GSR in hatch.....ecu fuse keeps blowing (GSRfoedoe)

Just a WAG, but based on what you said, maybe you should check all your ECU wiring for a possible short or to see if one of them is not grounded. Check to see if the ECU is properly grounded and check all wiring leading away form the ECU.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:11 PM

just check if u dont have splice wire some where . i alredy have this trouble wiht a b20 in a 4 d00r it was splice wire to the injector
Old 01-27-2004, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slowpos)

this has to have happened to someone else.......
Old 01-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (GSRfoedoe)

If your ECU fuse keeps blowing then I dont think there is a way to tell EXACTLY where your problem is. You have to check all the wiring leading away from ECU and see if one of them is shorted or grounding out on something in the engine bay.

EDIT: First check the ECU iteslef where the harness plugs into then look in the engine bay. And when I say all the wiring leading away from the ECU I mean check the wire es from the ECU to whatever it hooks up to in the engine bay.

Like in the problem that slowpos was talking about, it sounded like the wiring problem was a frayed wire for one of the injectors. If the wiring anywhere between the injector and ECU was frayed then it may be grounding/shorting out on some metal nearby.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueShadow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueShadow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your ECU fuse keeps blowing then I dont think there is a way to tell EXACTLY where your problem is. You have to check all the wiring leading away from ECU and see if one of them is shorted or grounding out on something in the engine bay.

EDIT: First check the ECU iteslef where the harness plugs into then look in the engine bay. And when I say all the wiring leading away from the ECU I mean check the wire es from the ECU to whatever it hooks up to in the engine bay.

Like in the problem that slowpos was talking about, it sounded like the wiring problem was a frayed wire for one of the injectors. If the wiring anywhere between the injector and ECU was frayed then it may be grounding/shorting out on some metal nearby.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanx alot....
the car now starts and keeps fuse for a minute then continues to blow there after. weird problem. ive changed ecu's and checked all wires. the only thing wrong right now is that i have a leak in my fuel filter but i dont think that would cause it. any other ideas?
Old 01-27-2004, 07:45 PM

do you know if your other ecu is good check inside if u didint see something ... and if the car have the same proble with the knew ecu check this one to ... if both have something wrong you have wiring problem i alredy have this trouble with a swap b18c in a eg
Old 01-27-2004, 10:29 PM

this has happened to me before...definately a short somewhere...what's the last thing that you did to your car...go back and check that...clue is something has to do with your ecu...not stereo...or headlight...mine was an easy hunt down...but your problem..good luck...
Old 01-27-2004, 11:23 PM

Default Re: GSR in hatch.....ecu fuse keeps blowing (GSRfoedoe)

see if your o2 sensors wires are grounding out near your exhuast.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR in hatch.....ecu fuse keeps blowing (onesikviet)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by onesikviet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">see if your o2 sensors wires are grounding out near your exhuast.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good idea........ill check that first thing in the morning.....thanx
Old 01-28-2004, 10:26 PM

Default Re: GSR in hatch.....ecu fuse keeps blowing (onesikviet)

Definently check out the O2 sensor wires. I had the exact same problem just as I finished my swap. Turns out that it was a thin *** piece of wire stickin out of where I extended the o2 wires. It was grounding off tha exhaust, what pain in tha *** to find
Old 01-29-2004, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR in hatch.....ecu fuse keeps blowing (jdmitr1982)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmitr1982 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Definently check out the O2 sensor wires. I had the exact same problem just as I finished my swap. Turns out that it was a thin *** piece of wire stickin out of where I extended the o2 wires. It was grounding off tha exhaust, what pain in tha *** to find </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your engine grounds may not be getting the best contact ..
check all 3 ?
Old 01-29-2004, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR in hatch.....ecu fuse keeps blowing (K20EG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by onesikviet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">see if your o2 sensors wires are grounding out near your exhuast.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow......thanx. it was the o2 sensor wires. one wire that i splice came apart and was touchin the exhaust. reconnected it and the car started right up first try. again, thanx alot.