Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GSR in a 92 Civic sedan exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR in a 92 Civic sedan exhaust question

I did a search...didnt find much..could be user error..anyways, here's my question

94 GSR motor going into a 92 civic sedan. The exhaust lengths should be the same as a coupe. Was wondering if the stock manifold bolts up to the stock DX/LX civic cat without having to extend or shorten the pipes?

Any input appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:07 AM
Suspetise...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: GSR in a 92 Civic sedan exhaust question (asiandoood)

I don't know about the length but I would think the GSR header collector would be a different size than the mating part on the CX/DX cat.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:41 AM

Get a new cat cause that one will cork up your VTEC big time...
Old 10-27-2004, 07:53 AM

Default Re: GSR in a 92 Civic sedan exhaust question (asiandoood)

if your wondering about the length of the sedan and coupe there there wheel base isthe same. there just a few changes on the front end of the coupe and sedan

i did the swop about 3yrs ago in my coupe witch is a sohc vtec. daring the swop we kept the cat and had to go with an gsr cat back system and header. it bolted right up.

well hope this helped you some and good luck with your swop..
Old 10-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the quick replies.

as of now the swap i got came with a DC header but no stock exhaust manifold. im just hoping for the time being that the dc header (which should be the same length as stock) bolt up to the cat/exhaust until i find a good place to do my JDM ITR 4-1 manifold. I know for sure the JDM ITR will not be long enough.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicsit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if your wondering about the length of the sedan and coupe there there wheel base isthe same. there just a few changes on the front end of the coupe and sedan

i did the swop about 3yrs ago in my coupe witch is a sohc vtec. daring the swop we kept the cat and had to go with an gsr cat back system and header. it bolted right up.

well hope this helped you some and good luck with your swop.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks, ...which header did you end up using on your swap?
Old 10-27-2004, 04:24 PM

Default Re: (asiandoood)

well i went with dc sport 4-2-1 header one peice. #4 is cracking and i tryed to send it back but i did not have the warranty card, so i could not send it back. make shure you keep that card so you can send it back for any reson. i will be selling it next yr, i am giong turbo
talk to you later

Modified by civicsit at 6:52 AM 10/28/2004