Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got swap and not finished.. HELP

Old 06-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got swap and not finished.. HELP

I have a 97 EX coupe (EK) with the B18c1 (OBD-I) engine in it... Now it currently has no front lower mounts and i am kinda confused on what ones i should get. the stock D series mounts are said to work but im not sure if maybe i should get the Si mounts because there made for a B-series... So what front lower mounts?

Next question is exhuast... currently is also has NO exhuast. the only thing it does have is the 2 peice stock manifold. I read on "hybrid Honda" that any Cat back D-series will work because on the D's they put the cat right at the manny... so if i just get a cat back for a EK with a D-series (stock) will that bolt right up to the end of the manny?

I picked this car up from a kid here on H-T... he just needed to get rid of it and now ive got this car with the swap like half way done and am trying to get it put together so i can drive this monster! Thanks for any help... ANY is needed and apperciated seeing i USE to be a D-series guy myself... but looks like thats gonna change.

Sorry for any spelling errors... (in a hurry)
Old 06-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got swap and not finished.. HELP (JDMKid71)

up up
Old 06-19-2006, 01:07 AM

The front lower mounts.. Are you talking about the brace/mount on the front of the tranny and the front of the block? If so, you gotta use B-series stuff. They are a little different when compared to eachother. As for the exhaust... just go get a cat back exhaust system.

I hope my info is correct.. correct me if wrong.

-Jason
Old 06-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jason-)

Wrong. (this is just for future searchers.. ) when doing the B18c1 engine into an EK body the two lower mounts can be reused or buy new EK mounts. (the ones that bolt up to the chassie and have "bolts" come through the center of them) I had one hell of a time finding the passenger side mount around my area... i had to order it from advance auto actualy.. haha but the mounts were reused... now im not sure if the brackets are fomr an B or D series... because they were on the car when i got it.... hope this make sence lol its 3:30am right now. haha Good Luck
Old 06-30-2006, 11:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMKid71 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 97 EX coupe (EK) with the B18c1 (OBD-I) engine in it... Now it currently has no front lower mounts and i am kinda confused on what ones i should get. the stock D series mounts are said to work but im not sure if maybe i should get the Si mounts because there made for a B-series... So what front lower mounts?

Next question is exhuast... currently is also has NO exhuast. the only thing it does have is the 2 peice stock manifold. I read on "hybrid Honda" that any Cat back D-series will work because on the D's they put the cat right at the manny... so if i just get a cat back for a EK with a D-series (stock) will that bolt right up to the end of the manny?

I picked this car up from a kid here on H-T... he just needed to get rid of it and now ive got this car with the swap like half way done and am trying to get it put together so i can drive this monster! Thanks for any help... ANY is needed and apperciated seeing i USE to be a D-series guy myself... but looks like thats gonna change.

Sorry for any spelling errors... (in a hurry) </TD></TR></TABLE>

The end all of exhaust is this:
"Get the exhaust for your CAR not for your motor"

I have a 1993 Civic EX Coupe 5 speed with GSR motor.

I'll be getting Apexi WS 2 for .... a 93 civic ex coupe 5 speed.

That's the case with every set up except H22's and K's. For B's and D's the stock manifold always lines up with the chassis exhaust.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got swap and not finished.. HELP (Essenar83)

Yes however that kit your buying does not come with the manifold... so the bend will be the corect ones for the chassie, and thats all you have to worry about... however if it came with a header... i would like to see you bolt that D15(or D16) header up to the GSR head... it just wouldnt work... but in my case the 99-00 Si fits the B engines, and the EK Chassie.... Understand yet?
Old 07-01-2006, 12:41 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMKid71 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes however that kit your buying does not come with the manifold... so the bend will be the corect ones for the chassie, and thats all you have to worry about... however if it came with a header... i would like to see you bolt that D15(or D16) header up to the GSR head... it just wouldnt work... but in my case the 99-00 Si fits the B engines, and the EK Chassie.... Understand yet?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't say header I said exhaust lol.

I would never go with a "complete exhaust" kit, because one brand's exhaust might be good, while that brand's header might suck. I'd rather pair a brand's good item with another brand's good item if you know what I mean.

I was saying use the D series car's exhaust because it's guaranteed to bolt to your car, and for header use anything B series VTEC, and for intake manifold you have to use a GSR intake manifold or rendition of it, for example "Blox GSR intake manifold, JG Edelbrock GSR intake manifold".

Please don't ask for advice and then act argumentive when someone tries to correct you, it makes you look like a real jackass for making a thread and arguing with people's responses.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got swap and not finished.. HELP (Essenar83)

Your not responding to what I’m your trying to criticize everything I am saying… And who made you the all knowing god of Honda swaps? Unless you had another name you just joined HT the other month... your one person I’m arguing with because you do not know my situation and I never asked anyone what I should do just simply if it would fit or not... quit giving a ten dollar answer for a one dollar question...