Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got ?'s on trubo built Non-Vtec LS longblock into a 92 Civic EX..need some expert opinions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got ?'s on trubo built Non-Vtec LS longblock into a 92 Civic EX..need some expert opinions..

I am going to purchase a stock 92 Civic EX and I am going to put a built LS non-vtec longblock in the car and have the 92 CIVIC EX Ecu chipped to DOHC specs

(A)Will the 92 civic EX injectors WORK CORRECTLY on the B18a/b intake manifold because i want to use them during break in of the motor.

(B)What mounts will I need to buy?

(C) Do I need shift linkage or will the manual civic ex one work/need modification?

(D) Will the Civic EX Throttle/clutch cables reach/need new fiitings?

(E) I will be using a stock B18a exhaust manifold during break in (only the part that bolts to block (no other pipes) so WILL THIS ONE FIT THE EX exhaust sytem minus the SOHC manifold with enourmous stock jar thingamajig.
WOUld IT BE BETTER TO GO TO PICK A PART FOR AN INTEGRA STOCK EXHAUST?

Thank you for you time...
Old 02-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Got ?'s on trubo built Non-Vtec LS longblock into a 92 Civic EX..need some expert opinions.. (ro

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rocketfuelcerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(A)Will the 92 civic EX injectors WORK CORRECTLY on the B18a/b intake manifold because i want to use them during break in of the motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rocketfuelcerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(B)What mounts will I need to buy?</TD></TR></TABLE>

94-01 Integra mounts/brackets

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rocketfuelcerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(C) Do I need shift linkage or will the manual civic ex one work/need modification?</TD></TR></TABLE>

94-01 Integra linkage

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rocketfuelcerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(D) Will the Civic EX Throttle/clutch cables reach/need new fiitings?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rocketfuelcerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(E) I will be using a stock B18a exhaust manifold during break in (only the part that bolts to block (no other pipes) so WILL THIS ONE FIT THE EX exhaust sytem minus the SOHC manifold with enourmous stock jar thingamajig.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you're exhaust piping is stock or aftermaket but still fits like stock then the stock LS header should match up.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Got ?'s on trubo built Non-Vtec LS longblock into a 92 Civic EX..need some expert opinions.. (ro

Your help is appreciated...
Old 02-28-2005, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so... a stock civic ex throttle cable will attach perfectly to a b18b motor?... Dont you need a 94-01 integra throttle cable? Someone please clear this up for me, i am kinda in the same possition.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:20 AM

I reused my DX throttle cable on my GSR engine swap...Same year Civic as yours...
Old 02-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jaybee)

great! i thought that i was gonna have to hunt down an integra throttle cable. I previously posted this and was told that my dx civic's throttle cable wasnt gonna work with the b18b motor. Hope this goes smoothly.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:29 PM

What about the SOHC civic 92 ex throttle body, will it fit the B18a manifold( all I have is a bare B18a stock intake manifold that has been ported. ? what about the Stock 92 CIvic ex alternator? all wiring/sensors(TPS, O2,etc.?

I am trying to use everything from the stock 92 cIVIC ex as possible, without it becoming detrimental to my engine.....So if you can list some other things I may have forgotten..(can use throttle/clutch cables, ECU after chipping, radiator & fan, injectors, anything else? thanks for your time...