Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them.

After everyone gave me advice not to order from Osakajdmmotors.com I decided to go ahead and order because of the 1k dollar difference. Well the motor came today.. No ECU and no shift linkage.. what a bust.. and that's just at first glance! I hope there isn't any other probs..

anyone else ever resolve anythign with Osaka before? Who did you get involved?

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (spike)

dude - what were you thinking what motor did you buy? get a compression & leakdown test performed ASAP...call them up ASAP & tell them about the missing parts
Old 06-22-2004, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (adirondackR)

Those guys have fucked around SO many people around here they're known as Osaka-caca. Not trying to kick you while your down dude but why did you order if everyone told you not to ? You might have saved a grand at first but you'll easily spend it in time/aggravation/effort/more money to get your stuff.

Not mucyh to do now ..... as stated, get a compression/leakdown done ASAP and call about your missing parts. May the shwartz be with you ....

Si
Old 06-22-2004, 01:06 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (simon98h22)

and that is why they will always be in business....
Old 06-22-2004, 01:09 PM

That sucks man, I would phone them up ASAP and ask what the hell is going on. Give them **** and tell them there gonna get a bad rep care of you on Honda-Tech.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Merilious)

This is like the 1,000,000,000th thread that I have heard bad about them...
Old 06-22-2004, 01:27 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Merilious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Merilious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That sucks man, I would phone them up ASAP and ask what the hell is going on. Give them **** and tell them there gonna get a bad rep care of you on Honda-Tech.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They don't care man... They can always run banners here as long as they pay.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:10 PM

Default Re: (Nikos)

I know that http://www.osakajdmmotors.com has screwed over many different people, but I encourage you to check out this thread...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=893810

...maybe it's hit-or-miss with them ...

Good luck to you !
Old 06-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">After everyone gave me advice not to order from Osakajdmmotors.com I decided to go ahead and order because of the 1k dollar difference. Well the motor came today.. No ECU and no shift linkage.. what a bust.. and that's just at first glance! I hope there isn't any other probs..

anyone else ever resolve anythign with Osaka before? Who did you get involved?

Thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>
hate to be an ******* but you were warned and you still tried to be a cheapass. i have no sympathy for you.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whoopdeeedoo.
you saved $1000.
right?
so go buy an ECU and a shift linkage for what, $300 total?
cry me a river.....
Old 06-23-2004, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (owen_the_soyboy)

go figure... a while back we ordered a 7mgte from them and it was in all sort of messed up; blown headgasket, multiple broken sensors, and other problems. at the same time we ordered a n/a 4g63 from them, but in return got a 4g67. the 4g63 flwheel and clutch set is different than the 4g67 out of the hyundai elantra's; not allowing the engine to move freely, the 4g63 clutch / flywheel / bellhousing on the 4g67 block was impeding the engine from rotating. went from a 2 liter to 1.8 liter. the list could go on and on... not to mention their customer service is non-existant. they straight up told us, "u can take what you got and stick it up your ***."
Old 06-23-2004, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (macroresin)

dude if you payed w/ a credit card do a charge back! When you pay w/ a credit card you have all the power as a consumer. Call your credit card company and dispute the charges!
Old 06-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (SR20DATSUN)

...already been done, i was just sharing our interactions with osaka...
Old 06-23-2004, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
hate to be an ******* but you were warned and you still tried to be a cheapass. i have no sympathy for you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I couldn't have said it any better
Old 06-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them.

Yeah, my friend had problems with them too on an sr20 swap(sent the wrong one) last year from them. Sorry to hear what happened.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (Rhman19)

I know most of you think that I am too cheap and should have paid the extra $1000 + shipping costs for a place like SOHFast.. however I did read some success stories about Osaka. Either way the order was placed on a Credit Card so we will fight the bill.

Thanks for all the input from the people who did not just try to bash me.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL... this kinda stuff trips me out....

u were told not to go there, they gave u a cheap price, u bought there, they screwed u, now ur pissed, then u come here and vent, and now we all have fun.

sux for u man.. but anyway.. i've always thought.. u get what u pay for. *sigh*
Old 06-27-2004, 07:17 PM

my best friend got his motor from there and we got a ecu shift linkage and axels and every time after that we got a little more with each swap. we are like good friends with those guys
Old 06-28-2004, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (NickontheEastCoast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NickontheEastCoast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my best friend got his motor from there and we got a ecu shift linkage and axels and every time after that we got a little more with each swap. we are like good friends with those guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because you are affiliated with them and are trying to keep thier reputation. Just STFU and get out of here.

Osaka =
Old 06-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (Dyzee)

osaka is teh sucks! I never...NEVER heard anything good about them.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:36 AM

I just ordered an RB26DETT and 2 SR20DETs from them. Problems with all 3 sets. The first SR20 set had a crushed ECU, rest "seems" fine. Second SR20 set was missing the Clutch and flywheel, Cam sensor was crushed also. The RB26DETT seemed like everything was ok till I relized it was an R32 motor instead of the R33 like they told me. This will be the last order they get from my buisness and they can f%#@ off and die from now on, DEATH TO CANADA!!.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: (AllMotaEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AllMotaEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DEATH TO CANADA!!.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe if you would have researched your seller for 5 minutes, you would have gained some valuable insight ..... Osaka is shady and are known for **** like this. If you read all that and still ordered 3 motors? I'd say the lack of inteligence isn't as far as you think ....
Old 06-30-2004, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (simon98h22)

damn that sucks. i was about to buy a motor swap from them. before i heard all the bad stuff that happened. lucky i didn't get one from them. instead i went with hmotorsonline. the motor is awesome.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (owen_the_soyboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by owen_the_soyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whoopdeeedoo.
you saved $1000.
right?
so go buy an ECU and a shift linkage for what, $300 total?
cry me a river.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I'm talking about. Full linkage will run you under $100 NEW even if you have to buy the bolts and Energy suspension bushings.

ECUs are a dime a dozen and unless you need some super duper moogin powa skunk2 super rich ECU with the rice steamer function, they shouldn't run more than $150.

As long as compression is good and those things are all that you're missing, I'd say you made out pretty good and avoided the people gouging the poop out of us on these engine prices.

*** Disclaimer - I'm not supporting any shop that sells engines...I've never bought one from a shop!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them. (macroresin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by macroresin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the list could go on and on... not to mention their customer service is non-existant. they straight up told us, "u can take what you got and stick it up your ***."</TD></TR></TABLE>

Even with that said another Osucka post will pop up next week.

Quick Reply: Got our Osaka Motor today! Big Mistake dealing with them.