Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f20b eg sedan swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f20b eg sedan swap questions

Hello, I am a new member of this site but have been coming here for useful information for some time now.
I own a 92 civic lx sedan and have been building it slowly over the course of a year and a half. I started off with suspension and handling modifications. Brakes & rotors, struts& lowering Springs, full poly urethane bushings kit, and tires. But now I'm ready for some power. The stock d15b7 is not cutting it anymore and I know a guy who is selling a project accord with a f20b dohc. so here are some of my questions.

Does the engine have clearance with out having to be tilted?

Can I mate a b series transmission to this engine and use the b series axles to my existing hubs and rotors?

Wiring? how am I gonna wire this thing up? Im buying the whole car so I will have the wiring harness and ecu.

Mounts? from what I've researched I should be using H series motor mounts?

As far as finding parts for the f20b. I know it wasn't made in the US. So are parts compatible with the h22? water pump, belts, alternator,starter? basically maintenance parts in case something brakes.

My goal is to just keep it stock for awhile and possibly a turbo setup in the late future. From what I read it makes 200hp and around 140tq. I think that should be plenty of power to have fun on the twisty roads of the foothill and Sierra mountains.

Thanks you for reading, and for any info given.

p.s.

I know some people will get mad for asking these questions and say "go do your research". I have been doing research for about 2 and half months but it's hard to get for sure answers and facts.
Thanks.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f20b eg sedan swap questions

Very good engine if in good condition. First thing I can recommend is balance shaft eliminator kit while the engine is out of the car. Some parts are compatible with f and h series. To do swap search doing an h22 swap into your car. Same for wiring, tuning and fit. With f-series tranny you use b-series (integra) axles with h-series inner part. The will be a bit tilted and ground clearance will be less than normal. Not a big deal. Also h trannys are cable shifter. Will need to do a hole to route shifter cables.

If want to use a b-series tranny look on h2b thread. You will need a kit and some modifications, but can use b-series tranny, axles, shift linkage and mounts. Some people do the h2b without the kit, but in my opinion with the kit is better.

For the ECU a chipped p28 is easier.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: f20b eg sedan swap questions

Thank you.