Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a fuel or ignition problem? Car not running well, help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a fuel or ignition problem? Car not running well, help

On my way home tonight from Traffic school after I turned out onto the road I started accelerating and my RPM's on my tach dropped to zero and I had no power. My engine was still running but it kept bouncing between 0-250. When I let of the gas the whole way it slowly started rolling but when I pushed the throttle past a certain point it would drop to zero and start jerking the car. I could still shift and everything, but did the same in every gear! As soon as I barely pushed the throttle it would jerk around. I made it about half way home by backroads doing about 30 in 3rd before I pulled into an empty restaurant parking lot. I reset the ECU and then started driving around the parking lot. It still did the same thing so I started home. Slowly as I got home I could increase throttle w/o it dropping all power and as I was getting on my road I tried Full throttle and it worked great. No prob, went to 7K and not a peep of trouble. So I road tested it to where I was supposed to meet some friends. It work fine there. On my way home afterward it started it again but stopped after about 3 min.
Anybody have any ideas? My O2 sensor is out, could this be a culprit? Or is it my coil or fuel pump?
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Cliff notes: Pushed gas more than a hair RPMS drop to 0 on tach, and no foward movement. After about 20 min was fine, and then later was doing it again.

Brian
Old 06-06-2002, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is this a fuel or ignition problem? Car not running well, help (Bgladfelter)