Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my motor...one more question ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my motor...one more question ASAP!!

I jsut received my motor. It's complete b18b swap. It's JDM not USDM. So heres my question. I need very specific directions as to how to wire it. Wiring has never been my thing so take it easy on me lol. The motor already has a wiring harness on it so should i just use that? Any pics or diagrams would be awesome. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Finally got my motor...one more question ASAP!! (JDM*EG*Ls)

By the way the motor os obd1 and so is my car. Its a 94 civic ex.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally got my motor...one more question ASAP!! (H22*Civic*)

always use stock engine harness. the harness that came out of ur car.. just lengthn a few wires
Old 05-08-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Finally got my motor...one more question ASAP!! (DC2jdmIntegra)

is it hard to lengthen a wire? This is my first swap so i dont know.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i dont get it you got a b18 swap and also a h22 what exactly are you doing cuz in this post you are talking about your b18 and in the other post you said you were getting a h22????
Old 05-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally got my motor...one more question ASAP!! (mikegeezy)

what dont you get about extend the wires you just cut your lenght and solder the wires together tape em up and you good. good luck
Old 05-08-2006, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Finally got my motor...one more question ASAP!! (mikegeezy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mikegeezy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what dont you get about extend the wires you just cut your lenght and solder the wires together tape em up and you good. good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

Listen...I know someone with a junked integra but the motor was good. I wanted to do H22. But this swap was dirt cheap. Just figured i'd clear that up. And about your wring comment. I dont really appreciate you talkin to me like im an idiot. I am knew to this ok? Don't critisize me because im not as "smart" as you. You know...isn't this place somewhere where i can ask a question without being critisized? I always thought it was. So if you have negative things to say about what is clearly such an easy question to you then why just dont say it. Just answer the question if you must. People these days!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your wiring harness should be a direct plug and play but your goin to be running with your check engine light on because your 02 sensor is goin to be free..until you wire it up..[im not a pro on how to do that]

i dont kno what year car you have but this might help

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=558245
Old 05-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally got my motor...one more question ASAP!! (87shytwhip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM*EG*Ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Listen...I know someone with a junked integra but the motor was good. I wanted to do H22. But this swap was dirt cheap. Just figured i'd clear that up. And about your wring comment. I dont really appreciate you talkin to me like im an idiot. I am knew to this ok? Don't critisize me because im not as "smart" as you. You know...isn't this place somewhere where i can ask a question without being critisized? I always thought it was. So if you have negative things to say about what is clearly such an easy question to you then why just dont say it. Just answer the question if you must. People these days! </TD></TR></TABLE>
dam bro chill i wasnt trying to critisize you in any way i was just asking what you diddnt understand about it diddnt mean to sound like an ******* i was trying to help you bro i know thats what your here for is help and i was offering it to you i dont think it sounds mean but i could be wrong sorry for the misunderstanding if you need nething just ask bro i aint trippin on you iv been in you position before trust me.