Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few quick h22 eg q's

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: (dreamer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dreamer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just thought I'd throw in my .02

my car makes 175whp and I have put 40K+ miles on my HAsport H22/EG mounts. And these were the EGH1's, not the new design. Never broke an axle, although I have split a few boots.

If you busted your mounts and "shattered" 4 sets of aftermarket axles with 180whp, its your fault. you are doing something wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

have u ran drag radials yet?? also what clutch u running? Kinda makes a big difference and your not giving enough info here and calling someone out here. Axles break about 40 ish MPH grabbing second gear everytime. As far as your boots splitting mine do all the time. its from the very poor axle angles. Combine that with a high shock load clutch and drag radials and u should be there as well so dont call out unless u know what u are talking about. A high impact clutch can exert up to 5 times more stress on the drivetrain than anything that u can possible throw at it. As far as the motor mount goes u need to read. The mount had a flaw in it. Its very poor material and design. period.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Re: (hyabusa hunter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hyabusa hunter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
A high impact clutch can exert up to 5 times more stress on the drivetrain than anything that u can possible throw at it. As far as the motor mount goes u need to read. The mount had a flaw in it. Its very poor material and design. period.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you ever think that maybe your mounts and axles are not designed for a high impact clutch? Very few people on here run clutches that strong, so you should have mentioned that before you started talking about how hasport is crap, and you can't find axles to work. Drag radials alone don't cause your problems, only when in combination with that clutch. It sounds like you need to put your jet engine mechanic skills to work and design better parts, and quit bitching about the ones that have proven to work well for everyone else.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:51 AM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have run HCP and hasport (egh1) mounts, and i broke the rear hasport mount into 2 pieces, not at the welds, but in the middle of the metal. i have also blown the rear bushing 2 times. that was running street tires only, avoiding wheel hop at all costa dnad making no more than 175 whp.
since i switched ot the hasport mounts i ahvent hqad issues, and i also have added slicks and 6k rpm launches to the mix, still no issues.
on both setups i ran the ACT XTSS clutch kit without an issue.
also i ran reman axles made of stock pieces for 2 years without an issue, even though the rear HCP mount broke in half. I have never had an axle fail or anything, i finally bought an extra set of axles just for peace of mind, they are dss level 2 axles. they work jsut as well as my pieced together ones did.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (v4lu3s)

I run HCP mounts and beat the **** out of them at the track. Sprung 6 puck on 23" slicks. I did however fill my mounts with 3M window weld to add extra support.

I think HASPORT mount are the best out there....hands down.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What kind of suspension upgrades would you guys recommend for cornering, seeing as how I'm used to daily driving an s2000

Traction bars? X-braces? strut bars useful?useless?

Anthony
Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A good full coilover, a traction bar, an h brace, a rollcage **** anything and everything you can afford would be nice = )
Old 07-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (IHateJDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHateJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did you ever think that maybe your mounts and axles are not designed for a high impact clutch? Very few people on here run clutches that strong, so you should have mentioned that before you started talking about how hasport is crap, and you can't find axles to work. Drag radials alone don't cause your problems, only when in combination with that clutch. It sounds like you need to put your jet engine mechanic skills to work and design better parts, and quit bitching about the ones that have proven to work well for everyone else. </TD></TR></TABLE>

my point is these mounts are not so GREAT as everyone claims. yes I am using some of my skills. In the process of making my own mounts and moving the engine back 25MM and changed to a kevlar clutch. Just wanted to let everyone know these mounts are not worth the price that they are and their great "engineered" mounts are nothing but advertising gimmick and hype. Also it appears u dont know how to read or u just plainly dont understand. The material that they used is very poor, as well as the design of them. Its what they call a fatigue zone as I mentioned b4. So if i can help someone not waste their money I think its worth it to post these problems. U have a problem with that??
Old 07-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

has anyone ever seen this?