Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions about GSR into EK swap...YES I'VE SEARCHED....

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions about GSR into EK swap...YES I'VE SEARCHED....

Here it is guys and girls...

I am getting all of my necessary parts together to get my GSR swap in my EK h/b. The problem I think I'm going to run in to is the stock GSR exhaust manifold (or aftermarket header, whatever). My concern is that my Magnaflow catback will NOT bolt up to it OR the stock GSR cat as it was originally on the D. So how do you solve this problem? I understand the cat can and WILL be replaced by a test pipe from KTELLER, but it seems no matter what header I choose for this, it will NOT bolt up. I also understand that I COULD take me car over to the same shitty exhaust shop and have everything made to fit, HOWEVER, my local exhaust guy is a moron, and thinks that a 2.25" exhaust is defined by replacing the b-pipe from six inches from the flex pipe back and DOES NOT believe in making test pipes as it's illegal here...people, please help me... and if you know of any worthy CUSTOM exhaust shops in ATL, please let me know. If I searched and missed it, please feel free to point it out, I'm sure you guys will...

Thanks everyone for reading and helping!

-Chris
Old 10-24-2004, 12:45 AM

Default Re: A few questions about GSR into EK swap...YES I'VE SEARCHED.... (THEHARDWAYEK)

I have a GSR swap in my EK and what I did was I got a Greddy GSR header and it is going to be short so I would goto a good muiffler shop and you can get a pipe extend for the second o2 and to put you cat back on or what else you can do is keep the stock GSR manifold and get a Full catback 97-99 DX exhaust and that will fit right on and will be your test pipe at the same time also good luck let me know what you go with
Old 10-24-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Re: A few questions about GSR into EK swap...YES I'VE SEARCHED.... (SIR-G)

I found that with a oem gsr header w/cat or aftermarket gsr header w/cat a civic exhaust will be too short as will an integra exhaust, so either way you'll be extending your exhaust...find a new exhaust shop

also you will need the heater outlet hose from the gsr, thats something i found out the hard way which i didnt see mentioned in all the posts i found