Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F2B Ek Project full parts list help

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F2B Ek Project full parts list help

Hello,

Can I please get help with the complete parts list for my project (98 ek hatch with F20b). I am currently running a d series stock motor.
I recently purchased a F20b with a qsd kit. Here is my list of things to get, if you can please give me specifics you used for your set up with details such as a brand of radiator and hoses.
Here is what I have left on my shopping list, I wanted to get the full details before I started buying things.
- F20b(purchased and on its way)
- B series Tranny (still need, kind of straying away of b16 and type r due to their short gears and dont want to rev too high cruising on the freeway, what do you think?)
- QSD ek kit (purchased)
- Axels(b series doing the job ok out there with this set up? or go with beefy aftermarket ones?)
- Radiator
- Clutch (the guy from QSD recommended a 3+ stage clutch due to tq from a h/f series motor)
- Timing Belt/tune up parts such as plugs.Thermostat. etc.
- Motor Mounts (Should I go with a typical b series mount kit, or go with something like hasport?
-Ecu with jumper harness to obd 1 conversion.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:03 AM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Re: F2B Ek Project full parts list help

The whole point of going H/F2B is for the shorter gears. The F20B REALLY benefits from being in the higher rpm all the time. Assuming you got a manual version, I would get the shortest LSD trans I could and rev it to about 8500. I have one and it is legitimately dead under 4500 even with boost but it pulls like a raped ape after 5500. If you're that worried about highway rpm you could always do a 5th gear swap.

As for the clutch, there's no way you need a stage 3 if you're staying all motor. You're just gonna be punishing yourself if you buy too much clutch. F20B makes torque like a B series anyway...so maybe get the best one you can get with a full face organic disk. Stage 1 will likely be more than a plenty.

I highly recommend buying a manual timing belt tensioner from Kaizenspeed. The hydraulic tensioner they come with from the factory will fail, it's just a matter of time.

For more info on the parts list you want, get to googling. This swap has been done a billion times and is crazy well documented. There's even an FAQ right at the top of this forum specifically for this kind of thing.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

I suggest you look into the b-series gearing, plenty of gear ratio calculators online. It will give you an idea of what tranny to buy or what to use to build your own custom tranny.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any advice for the motor mounts such as what brand, going with Hasport overduing it or does oem b series mounts work? I just want to ensure they are compatible with the qsd kit. I've been out of the honda scene for so long I dont know what brands are good, there are tons of brands all over ebay. Also is an aftermarket header needed for the QSD setup, or will the stock F2b header be sufficient? I would love to hear what F2B'ers used for their set up with their parts list. With a QSD kit, is it a good idea to relocate the alternator? Thanks for the tranny input.

Ive purchased the b series radiator today with the F2b hoses, so I can scratch those off the list. Please let me know if I am leaving anything else off the list shown above. Thanks.

Stephen
Old 10-27-2016, 10:49 AM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

I found a link which should be very useful to you.