Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F23A Swap Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F23A Swap Questions

Ok, could really use some insight here as I plan on doing this swap in a few weeks and am preparing now for it.

I have a 2000 Honda Accord that is practically totaled and has the F23A4 motor from the ULEV Honda lineup. It is a 5 speed Accord so I have everything needed from a stock perspective for a manual to manual swap.

I was planning on putting this setup into a 99 Hatchback that I also have. Basic reasoning is I want to learn, the turn key torque is an added bonus. The hatch is also a run and drive so I have all the parts there as well.

The questions start here:

What can I expect?

I understand I should be using the H22 Mount kit as it is interchangeable with the F series motors as well.

I've read something about axles, can I just put the axles together considering I have all the available parts from both cars at my disposal? Or is there a specific set of axles that I absolutely "need".

What ECU is recommended outside of going with a Neptune or Hondata system?

I was planning on tearing down the F23 block before the swap and change out rod and crank bearings and from everything I'm reading I should change the piston rings as well. Any particular type of piston rings I should be using or avoiding?( I might go forced induction one day, don't want to have to tear the block down then when I have it all easily accessible now. )

What changes or adjustments will have to be made to the shift linkage?

Any changes to dash harness? Should I put engine harness from the accord or use the civic harness?

Fuel?

I was planning on port matching the intake mani and throttle body, again a learning process. So many threads on this forum to learn want to put them to use.

What header would help me harness the most power?

Do I use the manual trans in the Accord? Or the ex trans presently in the hatch?

Once I get it to a run and drive stage, I will move forward with more items, not sure if I'm going NA or forced induction yet. Will cross that bridge when I get there.

Any help and insight is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: F23A Swap Questions

bump