Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid / Engine Swaps (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/)
-   -   F23a ek swap internal dizzy (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/f23a-ek-swap-internal-dizzy-3326814/)

StarBwoy1 09-04-2018 06:32 AM

F23a ek swap internal dizzy

Morning. So i recently put a f23a motor my 97 ek coupe. I used the d16y8 wire harness and wired up the injectors, crank sensor and the dizzy car starts up and drives but im getting a check engine light with code 4, 14 and 21 not worried about code 14 for the idle air control valve beacause of the 3 wire to 2 wire. And code 21 for vtech i think i mixed up the wire harness. The issue im having is code 4 for the crank position. Not sure what i did wrong. Yes i am new to this fourm and have done plenty research n everbody is just saying its the samr as a h swap. And or they used a diffrent dizzy on there swap

hondamark35 09-07-2018 09:56 AM

Re: F23a ek swap internal dizzy

the Y8 has the TDC and CKP inside the distributor, but the F23 has them at the crank pulley (oil pump housing). the Y8 has the CKF at the crank pulley, but I don't know for sure if the F23 uses a CKF. on the Y8 harness, the wires for the TDC and CKP are at the distributor connector. if the pulse count (number of trigger lobes) is the same, you can just run the wires to the sensors on the F23 oil pump housing.

did you try mounting the Y8 distributor to the F23 head?

Budgetbandit 09-14-2018 07:58 PM

sounds like a head ache to me lol

StarBwoy1 09-15-2018 08:13 AM

So for the late response, so i had a friend of mine redo the wire harness thinking it was something to do with that. Come to find out im getting spark. Its my injectors from cylinder 2-3 that are not getting ground. Still cant figure out why if its getting voltage

JRCivic1 09-16-2018 10:55 AM

With the key on, all four fuel injector clips should have 12v+ all of the time. The "grounds" for the fuel injectors come from the ECU. If the wiring is correct and you have continuity between the ECU plugs and the fuel injector plugs, you either have a bad ECU or bad/clogged fuel injectors. Swapping in a known good ECU tests the ECU problem, and moving the fuel injectors from cylinders 2 and 3 out to 1 and 4 will "move" the problem if the injectors are the problem.

StarBwoy1 09-16-2018 05:09 PM

Already swaped the injectors. And yes they are all getting 12 volts. Yesterday i connected my stock p2p ecu and car starts up and drives great a little rough moving off but once its moving its good. Wondering if my step down harness is the issue.

JRCivic1 09-16-2018 09:28 PM

With that knowledge, the adapter/conversion harness should definitely be suspected. Also, you will need to try a known-good OBD-1 ECU when you get a new adapter/conversion harness. There are multiple ways to deal with the distributor code 4 issue... if you can be more specific as to what parts you are trying to use, we can offer more help (and maybe some parts choices) to get you up and running. Are there codes with the stock P2P ECU ???

SouthBayFuel 09-21-2018 08:48 AM

Were the injectors new? Curious to hear what the problem turned out to be.

StarBwoy1 09-21-2018 09:22 AM

Sorry again for the late response had to order a new step down and a new chipped p28 just to be on the safe side. And come to find out the step down was no good. The injectors where from a local scrap yard. The car is driving great now. Plan to boost it this winter. Thanks for all the help really apprciate it.

SouthBayFuel 09-21-2018 09:28 AM

Glad you got it figured out. Was wondering if there was a clogged injector. Looking forward to seeing the build when you boost it.