Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F22 into 1997 prelude SH

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F22 into 1997 prelude SH

Weird swap, I know, but it's happening here regardless. Doing it for an older customer/friend. Loves the car for its feel/style/handling, but not into performance and was really leery of used h22 due to possible repeated oil consumption(he drives nearly 3hrs a day on the highway). Emissions and check eng light aren't issues, atts gone, hasn't been functional for years in this car anyways. Just needs to run well and reliably, which is attainable.
In any case, here's the status. 94 accord base f22 is installed and all that is left is wiring. Hoping to get a few pointers from members who have more swap experience than I do. Have obd2-obd1 jumper that connects prelude ecu harness to accord ecu(can repin as necessary if need be?). Currently have accord harness on engine, and it's connectors almost all will hook to prelude underhood connections with the exception of one connector. Safe to say each plug would need to be repinned, I don't think any wires will land up going where they need to as it appears now.
I'm contemplating whether it would make more sense to put the h22 eng harness on the f22(will need some mods but likely nothing to major), then only have to confirm Pinouts at ecu(compared to having to setup underhood plugs, then ecu Pinouts as well after). Wish this was setup like an ek civic with the engine harness making its way right up to the ecu! Much easier to deal with in that case.
Thanks in advance, it's going to happen, just hoping to do it in the most efficient way.