Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

everything inside the car is working( cd player,light and all electrical ) but car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default everything inside the car is working( cd player,light and all electrical ) but car wont start

i just want to know even if everything inside the car is working but the car wont start.Can my batterry be too low? Becouse my check engine light didnt come on when i tried to crank it up. It wont even tried to turn over. I hope its just my starter went bad...thank for any input
Old 08-26-2003, 06:32 PM

Default Re: everything inside the car is working( cd player,light and all electrical ) but car wont start (N

By the way. I got a 95 ls in my 2000 civic ex. pain in the ***
Old 08-26-2003, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: everything inside the car is working( cd player,light and all electrical ) but car wont start (N

lets back up a bit. u said the check light didn't come on at cranking. Honda check light comes on right when you get to the igition then goes out after i thing 3-5 sec. and stays off, but will come on during cranking if there is something wrong. so check to see if your check light comes on and everything else on your gauge maybe like the battery light, brake light (if your e braker is up) srs light,.... if they come on then check you plug at the starter, but if they don;t come on weak battery or other electrical problem
Old 08-26-2003, 08:22 PM

check engine did come and stay for 3-5 secs like u said and it went off. Battery light stay on , What do you think?..battery maybe
Old 08-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well to find out for sure before u go and try to remove the starter. at the starter there is a small wire the color is black with a white stripe. get a test light ground 1 end to neg. side of your battery and the other side of the test light put it on the pos. side of the battery (got test the test light sometime the bulbs go out) ok 1 side on the neg. battery and the other side on the wire. make sure u disconect from the starter and have some 1 crank. if the light come on then it's 90% starter if it doesn;t come on then it;s something else. why 90% check to make sure your battery terminal is clean cause sometime there are hidden corosion make you thin it's the starter.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:49 PM

ok what you're saying is i have to get a test light and put 1 side to neg. and 1 side to the wire(black/white stripe) and get someone to crank the car up while the test light still on the wire and battery? And see if the light will turn on?