Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine mount kit to put H22 into 88-91 Preludes

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine mount kit to put H22 into 88-91 Preludes

I wanted to post this in the sponsors so that a company might see this and help us but I guess only sponsors can post in there so I post this here...

I'm looking for someone <u>in the Atlanta area</u> that can make mount kits to put an H22 into 88-91 Preludes.

There was a kit made by a company called Place Racing but they have since gone out of business. I want to make a kit that will be readily available (there is a lot of interest over at PreludePower.com for this) for a decent price (350-400 range preferred). I have the Place Racing kit in my lude and would not mind pulling my mounts to have someone make copies or blueprint them or whatever it takes.

I see this as an opportunity for a company to hold this market and really help our community. Can someone help me with this? If you don't/can't do this, maybe point me in the right direction?

TIA!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Engine mount kit to put H22 into 88-91 Preludes (Daily Interlude)

I think the best way to get a company to create a new line of products for for a very limited market such as the 3rd gen prelude, is to create a group buy. Your best bet is to get a group of people together that would be willing to purchase the product and put money DOWN for it. A company will probably not be willing to put all the money into R&D if they are unsure if they will even beable to sell the product, thus creating a group that has already put money down, shows that infact the product will sell. I have created group buys before to create new products for the 3rd gen Accord and it truly is a tuff task gathering people together that would be willing to put money down. You would probably have to have atleast 10 of the kits made for it to be worth anybodies time and effort so you would have to have 10 people put down money even before the kits are made and then wait for them to be produced. How many in the batch would depend on the company and how much they would require to be produced. The best place to start would be to call the company such as HAsport and talk to them and see what it would take for them to create a new kit, and then try to organize a group afterwards. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the info...pretty much the route I'm already on. Hasport didn't really want to have anything to do with it. Enjo said they'd probably be able to do it w/ 10 folks for around 500 a person.

I'm going to call a few other companies and go from there. Looks promising though!