Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EK specific auto to manual conversion questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK specific auto to manual conversion questions

I've been searching all weeek for some EK specific information, it seems that all auto-to-manual conversion threads are about EGs. I just want to clarify a couple things before I go parts shopping this weekend.

With an EK chasis do you only need to add the clutch pedal?

Do you need to switch out the brake/throttle or related cables?

Can you use any EG parts for doing this swap, or do I need to find all manual EK parts?

Does the auto pedal set has all the necessary holes for adding the clutch pedal?

Finally, is there already a hole in the fire will for master cylinder mounting?
Old 04-29-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: EK specific auto to manual conversion questions (ScottEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ScottEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been searching all weeek for some EK specific information, it seems that all auto-to-manual conversion threads are about EGs. I just want to clarify a couple things before I go parts shopping this weekend.

With an EK chasis do you only need to add the clutch pedal? No. Add everything or else you'll have a big brake pedal
Do you need to switch out the brake/throttle or related cables? you can keep your original throttle cable by switching the gas pedal to the 5 speed pedals

Can you use any EG parts for doing this swap, or do I need to find all manual EK parts?Im sure eg and integra fit

Does the auto pedal set has all the necessary holes for adding the clutch pedal?It mounts on the firewall. Clutch pedal doesnt fit the auto pedal assembly

Finally, is there already a hole in the fire will for master cylinder mounting?Yes
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK specific auto to manual conversion questions (2FAST4U831)

Thanks for the info, can anyone else clarify on if I do need ALL the pedals? I found one FAQ that says this but they didn't actually do it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FAQ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pedal Assembly: We used a manual pedal (gas to clutch) from a 96-00 manual. But actually all you really need is the clutch one. You could actually keep your auto pedals and just add a clutch one and your set. That way you dont have to worry about pulling the pedals out, which by the way is the hardest part of the swap. You are going to need to get a pin to hold the clutch to the peddle. Part #: 46912-SD4-000</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EK specific auto to manual conversion questions (ScottEK)

you could just get a clutch pedal .. and cut off some of the brake pedal..but i wouldnt do this.. i would do it right and get a manual pedal assembly
Old 04-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

done this to my ek back 4 yrs ago, get the clutch pedal assemble from 96-00 manual civic, clutch lines, resevoirs, there are pre-drilled holes to convert to 5spd. you'll need to cut out the auto shift mount, and weld it shut o rjust tape it off, and for the shift linkage, there will be a big mishaped circle, just cut out the manual shift holes and weld it on, or u can make ur own drilled holes to mount up the shift linkage