Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EK hybrid mounts questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK hybrid mounts questions

I have a couple questions as my time for swapping nears. These apply to an EK that will get a B18B1 swap.

1) should i buy a new transmission bracket (top of tranny, civic bracket) or buy a used one? my car was auto but im converting it to 5 speed when i swap. are used tranny brackets just as good as new ones or should i go with a new one? can they warp or bend?

2) where did all you EK hybriders buy your 99-00 Si driver side and rear tranny brackets? any sites with good prices? should i buy these new or used?

3) the rubber in all my stock civic MOUNTS are cracked and crappy looking, should i buy new mounts as well or can i still use them with the new motor without any problems?

4) my helms manual says to replace all the nuts and bolts that are associated with the motor and tranny mounts and brackets. how many of you went to honda and bought all new bolts for the brackets and such? is it ok to use the old ones? which nuts/bolts do i use with the 99-00 Si rear tranny bracket? which nuts/bolts do i use with the 99-00 Si driver side bracket? the 99-00 Si bolts or my stock civic ones?

5) which bolts/nuts do i use with the front tranny integra bracket? it bolts into the civic mount. integra bolts/nuts or stock civic nuts/bolts?

Wow, sorry for the long list of questions. i just want everything to go as planned. well, crossing my fingers at least. its better to be prepared. TIA
Old 03-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EK hybrid mounts questions (deviant1)

I have a couple questions as my time for swapping nears. These apply to an EK that will get a B18B1 swap.

1) should i buy a new transmission bracket (top of tranny, civic bracket) or buy a used one? my car was auto but im converting it to 5 speed when i swap. are used tranny brackets just as good as new ones or should i go with a new one? can they warp or bend?

Used is fine.

2) where did all you EK hybriders buy your 99-00 Si driver side and rear tranny brackets? any sites with good prices? should i buy these new or used?

New from http://www.hparts.com Get the part number either from your dealer or the swap link in my sig.

3) the rubber in all my stock civic MOUNTS are cracked and crappy looking, should i buy new mounts as well or can i still use them with the new motor without any problems?

They sometimes looked cracked but aren't if you see tears in them then either replace them or get the poly inserts.

4) my helms manual says to replace all the nuts and bolts that are associated with the motor and tranny mounts and brackets. how many of you went to honda and bought all new bolts for the brackets and such? is it ok to use the old ones? which nuts/bolts do i use with the 99-00 Si rear tranny bracket? which nuts/bolts do i use with the 99-00 Si driver side bracket? the 99-00 Si bolts or my stock civic ones?

I just reused all the bolts and nuts. Mixing some from thw Civic and some from thw Teg. Whatever fit, I used.

5) which bolts/nuts do i use with the front tranny integra bracket? it bolts into the civic mount. integra bolts/nuts or stock civic nuts/bolts?

Use the bolts that came with the tranny if you have them, if not the Civic ones will do.

Wow, sorry for the long list of questions. i just want everything to go as planned. well, crossing my fingers at least. its better to be prepared. TIA
It's really not all that complicated.