Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EK with B series with no header bracket on header

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK with B series with no header bracket on header

It was brought to my attention that some people are running headers without the supporting header bracket. After a little bit of research i found that some choose not to use the header bracket on say a JDM ITR header and some headers dont come with the bracket at all like the SMSP. Whatever the reason they aren't using the header bracket isnt my concern. What i am concerned about is how safe running without the bracket is.

I am concerned because i have concluded that the header bracket is used to prevent displacement at the end of the header. Which would prevent any stress on the cylinder head studs for the header.

I am concerned about this because i am now running a header without a header bracket. Not by choice either. Recently my header bracket broke off and actually tore a sizeable hole in my header. Drilled all hairline crack fractures and patched my header back up but i cant help thinking something is wrong without that bracket.

Anyways how many can say that they run without a header bracket on a daily driver with plenty of bumps on the road without any problems?

Please tell me about your experiences.