Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EG h2b which h22 motor for obd1 without wiring issues?HELP..

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EG h2b which h22 motor for obd1 without wiring issues?HELP..

I've been wanting this setup for a long time now. i got this d16z6 boost build that failed me rod knocks 2nd build. fml. the turbo kit and all setup is sold and will get A H2b. I've been wanting this setup so badly for a long time now.

the car i have is a vx. converted o2 sensor and vtec all that crap.
I have a hondata s300v3 at the moment. so i don't need to worry about buying a h22 ecu.

Ive already bought an QSD setup for this setup. i guess i have major to grind that oil pan cv area. i have has hasport b16 mounts in the car also.
my buddy has a jdm b16 transmission without lsd should i get a lsd what kit and just install it in a non b16 tranny is good or should i just buy a jdm b16 that has come with lsd already?
i have a b16 shift linkage. how about the alternator etc..
what major problems will i have to encounter when doing this swap.

which h22 motor that will work fine without major wiring headaches. sorry I'm kinda of a noob in wiring but i meant what will work with the existing harness i have on right now? without splicing or some headaches. harness of the z6 motor usable for a h22? need
year of h22 model and etc? need some help. how about the sensors wiring fuel lines etc? clutch lines cylinders?
etc. etc...
Old 02-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EG h2b which h22 motor for obd1 without wiring issues?HELP..

There is a lot of H2B information in the Hybrid section (two stickied threads at the top of it). You should spend some time in one of those threads reading up. They will answer a lot of your questions.

I will try to answer some of your questions:
Wiring should not be a big issue if you are already wired for a d16z6 engine. The only issue I had ran into wiring wise was (A) Injectors wiring and (B) distributor wiring

OBD1 h22a's run old style (saturated )injectors. I simply ran aftermarket injectors (peak hold) and fixed that problem.

USDM h22a's have external coil distributors making for some for some additional wiring. JDM h22a's have normal internal coil distributors which plug right in.

I would think your s300 would be fine (after tuning).

Any transmission will bolt up. B16 has rather short gears but thats fine. Anything but an LS transmission.
Good after market mounts are a must
B16 shift linkage (for 92-95 CIVIC ) is correct.
I would use QSD's alternator solution
Major problems? I have went through two installs and I had different issues. Grinding the block is tedious. I made things harder on my self replacing maintenance items (Timing belt, water pump, gaskets) that I had to go back and recheck redo.

Also I do not like the hood being pop'd up.

The first H2B I did was back in 2006-2007. I think I bought QSD's 5th kit at the time. there was nothing out there to make things easy. No h2b header or H2B accessories that QSD sells now. The second one I did last your with my brothers car and the products that are out now make things a lot easier.