Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EG H22 suspension and brake setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (AudioFuct)

dang, I ran that on street tires... Im going back less a few pounds with better tires this week, hopefully i can get it down to the mid 13's
Old 08-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (B16B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioFuct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Newest time is my 13.8 @ 100. That was on beat *** slicks with no juice. Still havent run it on the juice yet. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dang, I ran that on street tires... Im going back less a few pounds with better tires this week, hopefully i can get it down to the mid 13's</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, same. I did 13.8@100 on street tires....
Old 08-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RotiEatter)

Anyone on this thread going to the We Todd Did Exblow? Back to the topic, sort of, lots of HT drivers and other HT supporters are going to be there both driving and, um drinking lots of "soda." I'm going to try to make it to CMP from PA. I'm hoping my car will be running, correctly. If so, it'll be on the track. I'm interested in how an H22 Civic will respond to Road Courses.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Specail Ed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Specail Ed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone on this thread going to the We Todd Did Exblow? Back to the topic, sort of, lots of HT drivers and other HT supporters are going to be there both driving and, um drinking lots of "soda." I'm going to try to make it to CMP from PA. I'm hoping my car will be running, correctly. If so, it'll be on the track. I'm interested in how an H22 Civic will respond to Road Courses.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm hoping to hit my first one by a Dec 17th HPDE @ Moroso. I'll see first hand how just the stock brakes w/ upgraded lines, pads, fluids works on track.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DarkKnight1)

damn... by December we will probably be under 2 feet of snow, you lucky bastards that get to drive your cars all your around. Im going to have to start beefing up the sled dogs... winter is coming soon.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn... by December we will probably be under 2 feet of snow, you lucky bastards that get to drive your cars all your around. Im going to have to start beefing up the sled dogs... winter is coming soon. </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn, no vtec all winter

I would have to make some junkyard bandit with vtec to get my fix during those months.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: (skunked)

yes my man, its an extremely sad thing. My winter sled is a 99 saturn........ oh the embarassment that i get from driving that thing.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AudioFuct)

Well, the We Todd Exlow is in November, in SC. Snow is usually not an issue in the south. Check out the Type R forum for more info. Or contact Hooch'n, that clown should let you know what's going on.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG H22 suspension and brake setup (RotiEatter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RotiEatter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fastwanabe ever sell his car? </TD></TR></TABLE>Hey fellas... you guys are too funny. I took my car off market about a month and half ago.... I just cant let her go. Just last week I ran a 13.2@101 at a local track. Every time I hit the track I sound like a goddamn recording machine because everybody keeps asking the same kind of questions like......

Is the swap hard?...... yes
does the swap ruin your handling?..... deff
is traction a problem?..... never
is it expensive?...... very
I have a SOHC cam in my civic, could I just swap the H22 head on my SOHC block?....... sure.

then you get the "my brothers friend had a uncle and he said the swap is not worth it"..... I just say....... yep he was right.

then i get that look like if I were talking chinese to them when I talk about crome or uber, its a very sad sight.
anyway I just wanted to share.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EG H22 suspension and brake setup (fastwanabe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastwanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey fellas... you guys are too funny. I took my car off market about a month and half ago.... I just cant let her go. Just last week I ran a 13.2@101 at a local track. Every time I hit the track I sound like a goddamn recording machine because everybody keeps asking the same kind of questions like......

Is the swap hard?...... yes
does the swap ruin your handling?..... deff
is traction a problem?..... never
is it expensive?...... very
I have a SOHC cam in my civic, could I just swap the H22 head on my SOHC block?....... sure.

then you get the "my brothers friend had a uncle and he said the swap is not worth it"..... I just say....... yep he was right.

then i get that look like if I were talking chinese to them when I talk about crome or uber, its a very sad sight.
anyway I just wanted to share.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Glad you decided to keep it

I too get many H22 questions, at first it was kinda cool, but now its just annoying. I usually just say I have a GSR or B16 now if people ask.

My favorite is when people tell me they hear H22's can't turn and **** though.

I had a shop , Mahdavi Motorsports, argue with me about Uberdata. We did my buddies B18C1 into his Ek and put it on Uberdata. The guy was saying that he's never heard of Uberdata and ****, and then told my friend He should do Hondata. I said why? it's a stock gsr, Uberdata with a stock gsr map will be fine. It'll just make it easier.

So then he says he's never hear of Uberdata and asks me if it can control fuel and stuff...
I said... its an engine management, it can do everything Hondata can...
Old 08-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastwanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I took my car off market about a month and half ago.... I just cant let her go. Just last week I ran a 13.2@101 at a local track.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now get that bitch in da 12's
Old 09-05-2005, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG H22 suspension and brake setup (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Now get that bitch in da 12's </TD></TR></TABLE>I'm trying. What sucks is that my license got suspended for a moth because I have 12 points and I'll have to wait till the 27 of this month to restore it. I will be tuning this this with crome as soon as I hit the track again. I think it will..... it just needs a good tune.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:16 AM

I did a D2 coilover setup with 9K/6K spring rates

I have a 92 VX so its got the little rotors on it....i replaced the front brakes/kunckles with EX knuckles /rotors & calipers...same rotors as tegs.

its decent so far