Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eg h22 computer (i know I know search) but none really answer all the q's...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eg h22 computer (i know I know search) but none really answer all the q's...

Ok, like in the title I'm sorry for reposting this I guess i'm not really comprehending what i'm reading, or maybe I am? Please help where I'm lost.

p13 stock prelude computer, has provissions for operating the secondary plenums on the H22 intake manifold. Sounds like a very cool concept, and from what I have read assists with fuel economy. They can be eliminated by leaving open or closed all the time, but if I can why the he!! not.

p28 chipped apperently very easy to tune, and provides decent power when dyno tuned, prbably relitively cost effective.

Now my set up. JDM H22 w/lsd, CAI headders, and possibly future mods like cams, intake manifold, nox. I have no concern for emmisions testing, so egr etc is not important. I probably want to run the knock sensor (just a good idea imo).

Can the p28 be programmed to operate the secondary plenums on the im, and and also do everything else I'm looking for with programming only. This will be dyno tuned. Will there be any issues with pulling codes or giving false codes, or can emmisions code just be taken out?

Thanks to all who post, and the swap sticky is awsome.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can only operate the IAB with the GSR's P72 ECU. A bit more expansive than the P28 or P30 though.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pippen_001)

I can confirm that the P28 will not operate the IABs because it simply does not have the circuitry to do so. IAB's on the H22A give your more tq at low rpms and really will not reduce or increase your Hp and Tq if you disconnected them and besides a H22A in an EG will already have enough wheelspin at low rpms
Old 09-07-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: eg h22 computer (i know I know search) but none really answer all the q's... (egCivicH22)

I was just told today by the guy who will be programming my ecu and he told me that he was going to be able to program iab into whatever I give him. Is a custom burned chip capable of doing this, or is he feeding me a line of shat?

Again thanks for the help.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg h22 computer (egCivicH22)

I run my IAB's via a vacuum line to the manifold, part throttle they stay shut, full throttle they open in the absence of vacuum. I'm getting good mileage, and still have the WOT pull it should.

I seem to recall reading the IAB circuitry can be added to a P28, but the chip itself cannot accomplish this. Just get a P72 if you want to run the IAB's in the stock manner.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: eg h22 computer (egCivicH22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egCivicH22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just told today by the guy who will be programming my ecu and he told me that he was going to be able to program iab into whatever I give him. Is a custom burned chip capable of doing this, or is he feeding me a line of shat?

Again thanks for the help.</TD></TR></TABLE>
can the chip do it alone? no, it can only control that harware that is present.
can the IAB harware be added, yes. then the chip can control it the way it should be.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: eg h22 computer (Relic1)

I recently have gotten a H22 from HMO motors, and looked at the IAB's and IAB's open when there is vacuum present and the solenoid is activated which lets vacuum pull the diaphragm open.

Although instead of going through the hassle of getting a ecu that supports IAB why not rewire IAB's to actuate with vtec engaging?

I have read about this on another post i forget which but if you do a little creative wiring and vacuum line routing it should be quite easy to do.

so anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong
Old 09-18-2007, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that is very possible to do, all though tuning it would be a serious PITA. that's a lot of change to the air flow of the engine all at once.

Not to mention that it's far from the most efficient setup. the intake is tuned to a certain RPM and the VTEC point tends to be very different.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

either way the IAB plate should be completely gone as it just restricts air with its little honey comb design and should just be hollowed out inside.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (likwidchz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by likwidchz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">either way the IAB plate should be completely gone as it just restricts air with its little honey comb design and should just be hollowed out inside.</TD></TR></TABLE>
ok you lost me on that one.
the IAB is a vacuum actuated butterfly that closes off a runner on the intake at low RPM. honeycomb design? hollowed out?

I've heard of people removing the butterfly and port/polishing runners, but the Skunk2 single runner intake mani is a ton easier to do and results in very close to the same power in it's stock bolt on form.

I don't think we're helping the OP with this conversaton...
Old 09-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well My mistake, it looks as if the IABs close when vacuum is applied..

as for that honeycomb design more like 8 slightly circular holes next to eachother 4 of which have butterflies inside them for the IAB's.

either way i don't know where im going with this.

so im done!
Old 09-18-2007, 03:27 PM

Location: Beautiful beaches, skies, and ladies. No worries(.) @ the OBX, NC

does anyone know if there is a delete plate for this????
Old 09-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by likwidchz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well My mistake, it looks as if the IABs close when vacuum is applied..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

They do.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Relic1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I've heard of people removing the butterfly and port/polishing runners, but the Skunk2 single runner intake mani is a ton easier to do and results in very close to the same power in it's stock bolt on form.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Another option is the Euro-R manifold.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Chem Geek)

screw the iabs (take them OUT)
screw the egr (block it off)
screw the knock sensor (it doesnt do ****)
screw the fast idle thermal valve. (they're unreliable anyway)
screw allmotor (i'm just f*ckin' with you guys)

keep it simple.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:45 PM
King of the One Liners

Default Re: (2point2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">screw the iabs (take them OUT)

keep it simple. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I like your style....... except for the whole F all motor thing you son of a ......
Old 09-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">screw the iabs (take them OUT)

keep it simple. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i like all of it. especially the all motor one.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg_h22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anyone know if there is a delete plate for this????</TD></TR></TABLE>
for the IAB's??
no.
u dont dont block them. u take the intake manifold apart.. and remove the butterflies from it if you dont wish to use the IABs.
otherwise, hook them up somehow.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondaZvic)

I take the rod right out too, tap the holes and use 1/8 npt fittings. it's sooo easy.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:11 AM
King of the One Liners

by taking apart the manifold do you mean cutting it open and then welding it or does it come apart?

I never really looked at my manifold that closely, thats why i ask
Old 09-20-2007, 09:20 AM

Location: Beautiful beaches, skies, and ladies. No worries(.) @ the OBX, NC
Default Re: (2fastGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
by taking apart the manifold do you mean cutting it open and then welding it or does it come apart?

I never really looked at my manifold that closely, thats why i ask</TD></TR></TABLE> Then plenum bolts right on to the iab plate, so yes it comes rght off.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i like all of it. especially the all motor one.

for the IAB's??
no.
u dont dont block them. u take the intake manifold apart.. and remove the butterflies from it if you dont wish to use the IABs.
otherwise, hook them up somehow.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Block them? My IM is apart, I was just wanting to know if someone sold a replacement plate that deleted the iab's.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eg_h22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg_h22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Then plenum bolts right on to the iab plate, so yes it comes rght off.

Block them? My IM is apart, I was just wanting to know if someone sold a replacement plate that deleted the iab's.</TD></TR></TABLE>
no, nobody does..

Old 09-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: eg h22 computer (i know I know search) but none really answer all the q's... (egCivicH22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pippen_001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can only operate the IAB with the GSR's P72 ECU. A bit more expansive than the P28 or P30 though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pcguy760 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can confirm that the P28 will not operate the IABs because it simply does not have the circuitry to do so... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Incorrect. The P28 is the much cheaper alternative to the coveted P72 and it can be modified to run the IAB's
Old 09-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eg h22 computer (cb7-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cb7-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Incorrect. The P28 is the much cheaper alternative to the coveted P72 and it can be modified to run the IAB's</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is true.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:56 AM
King of the One Liners

Default Re: eg h22 computer (hondaZvic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this is true. </TD></TR></TABLE>

very true.......

Circuitry needs to be added to operate them, as my buddy is doing to my p28 now..