Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eg / GSR Hybrid! Someone post a checklist of what needs to be wired up / connected!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eg / GSR Hybrid! Someone post a checklist of what needs to be wired up / connected!

Just would like a list of all the hoses / wires that need to be connected.

--Throttle cable

--Battery power wires

--Radiator hoses

--Valve cover ground

--Shift linkage

--Axles

--vtec wiring: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=306097

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=306096

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=291314

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=293366

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=292635

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=324527

http://www.civichatchback.com/board/...&threadid=6116

Please feel free to add to the list. I'm about to go outside and start on some of the connections. Just would like a guide to make sure I get everything
Old 03-29-2003, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Eg / GSR Hybrid! Someone post a checklist of what needs to be wired up / connected! (Hybrid93Hat

ECU Wiring:
VTEC Solenoid
VTEC Pressure Switch
Intake Air Bypass (IAB)
Knock Sensor
O2 Sensor - Convert to 4 Wire if needed

Hoses:
Upper Radiator
Lower Radiator
Heater Core In
Heater Core Out
FPR
Brake Vacuum
TB Vacuum
Charcoal Canister Vacuum

Probably more in each category, just can't think of anymore at the moment.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eg / GSR Hybrid! Someone post a checklist of what needs to be wired up / connected! (Hybrid93Hat

O2 Sensor - Convert to 4 Wire if needed How would I know if I am converting to 4 wire or not?

Thanks man!

Here are some pics I took of the connections with some text.....

Where does this 4th GSR engine harness go? (Passenger side)

Any idea what hose goes to #1? Where does #2 connect to the motor?

I'm going to just use the Cx charcoal canister. Where do each of the numbered hoses go to on the GSR?

It's a little different than the GSR's canister:

Here''s how the GSR is connected to the motor:
#2 is wired to the motor / canister
#1 is wired to the canister, but capped off where it connects at the motor

Pic says it all here:

What's the purpose of this gold thing on top of the passenger GSR mount?

VTEC wires coming through the firewall. Just 4 right?

Is this the headlight wire harness? I can't remember at the moment what was connected to it:

93CX - 98GSR

Thanks again for all the help!
Old 03-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

O2 Sensor - Convert to 4 Wire if needed How would I know if I am converting to 4 wire or not?
You have a 93 CX which has a 1 wire O2 Sensor. You'll need to convert the wiring to a 4 wire O2.

Where does this 4th GSR engine harness go? (Passenger side)
Nowhere, it doesn't get hooked up.

That's the Intake Air Bypass which mounts under the intake manifold

If you are talking about the large white "C" clip mount, that is where the power steering line would come up. You don't have PS so there won't be anything there.

Is this the headlight wire harness? I can't remember at the moment what was connected to it:

Yes
Old 03-29-2003, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You have a 93 CX which has a 1 wire O2 Sensor. You'll need to convert the wiring to a 4 wire O2.
Can you point me toward a link that shows the process? The archived search is down and I am a dumba$$

That's the Intake Air Bypass which mounts under the intake manifold
I'm not understanding this response. In the picture is the charcoal canister that mounts to the firewall near the battery. I am trying to figure out how I leave the Cx canister in and wire it to the GSR motor.

Thanks once again!
Old 03-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I never looked at the pic close enough. Just use your ctock CX canister. The hoses will connect to it but there will be one outlet that will not have a connection. I plugged mine off with a screw. There won't be any wiring only the vaccum hoses.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm going to just use the Cx charcoal canister. Where do each of the numbered hoses go to on the GSR?

i need to know too
Where do 2 and 3 go?
Old 03-29-2003, 06:25 PM

3 connects to #2 in this pic

connect 2 to a vacuum source
Old 03-30-2003, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Where at?
Old 03-30-2003, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Where at?
On the Cx canister. Do I connect the smaller hose #2 or the larger hose #3 to where #2 comes off the GSR motor to the GSR canister? Either #2 or #3 will get plugged since vtecvillan said one gets used and one plugged. Just need to know which one to use
Old 03-30-2003, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

connect the larger one(#3 on cx canister) to where #2 on the gsr canister connects to(top of manifold)...so if one is plugged i guess it is the small hose on the cx canister?
Old 03-30-2003, 07:35 AM

#2 in this picture should go to a vacuum source

and #3 in this picutre

needs to go to #2 in this picture

Let me know if you got it this time or not.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i get all of it but i dont know where the vacum source for #2 is
Old 03-30-2003, 05:44 PM

from any vacuum nipple. it doesn't matter. if yu have to get a vacuum t
Old 03-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

from any vacuum nipple. it doesn't matter. if yu have to get a vacuum t
Where do I find a vacuum nipple? Adnd what is a vacuum t?
Sorry for all the Q's! This is all new to me
Old 03-30-2003, 07:08 PM

If you see a hose about that size coming off of the intake manifold or if that hose on a port on the intake manifold put it on there. a vacuum t looks like a t and lets you run more than one hose form the same source. u can find it @ any auto parts store. Just make sure it is the right size.

there is a vacuum nipple on the back of the intake manifold near the driver side you can t into there. just make sure you connect the one that is there back cause it is for your secondary and fuel pressure regulator i believe.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: gravity rides everything...everything will fall, se GA/ne FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you need any more help, call me at 927-1768 (kevin). lookin out in the 'sav'.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you need any more help, call me at 927-1768 (kevin). lookin out in the 'sav'.
Your more than welcome to come over and guide me through the wiring

If the weather is nice tomm. I will be installing the shift linkage, axles, new rotors, and radiator.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:35 PM

Ok my friend got a complete gsr swap and his swap didnt come with that canister he is holding in his hand. Is this required to make the second butterflies work right? Since the IAB is on that canister right. So does this mean he needs to go buy this canister? Or is this already on the car? This motor is going into a 92 integra. If so thats wierd cuz ive never heard of this canister coming with the swap. Or is there another IAB that I can use to wire to the ecu for the second butterflies? thanks
Old 04-02-2003, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok my friend got a complete gsr swap and his swap didnt come with that canister he is holding in his hand. Is this required to make the second butterflies work right? Since the IAB is on that canister right. So does this mean he needs to go buy this canister? Or is this already on the car? This motor is going into a 92 integra. If so thats wierd cuz ive never heard of this canister coming with the swap. Or is there another IAB that I can use to wire to the ecu for the second butterflies? thanks
That canister I am holding is the charcoal canister. It's something to do with emissions I believe. I have read in a few threads where some people don't even use one. I am just going to use the Civic's and leave the GSR's off.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:44 AM

That canister I am holding is the charcoal canister. It's something to do with emissions I believe. I have read in a few threads where some people don't even use one. I am just going to use the Civic's and leave the GSR's off.
Ok well ealier in the post Somebody said that on the canister is the IAB plug. Is this true? And do I need that caister with that plug on it to beable to hook up my IAB for tthe second butterflies.
And also since this is going into a 92 integra do I need to still hook up the o2 sensor? Do I have to convert it to a 4 plug wire like stated above. thanks
Old 04-02-2003, 12:18 PM

Ok well ealier in the post Somebody said that on the canister is the IAB plug. Is this true? And do I need that caister with that plug on it to beable to hook up my IAB for tthe second butterflies.
And also since this is going into a 92 integra do I need to still hook up the o2 sensor? Do I have to convert it to a 4 plug wire like stated above. thanks
Old 04-02-2003, 07:10 PM

bump
Old 04-02-2003, 07:43 PM

bump
Old 04-02-2003, 09:24 PM

bump

Quick Reply: Eg / GSR Hybrid! Someone post a checklist of what needs to be wired up / connected!