Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

in a eg coupe what should i do

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in a eg coupe what should i do

well here is the problem. i have a motor that i had picked up for really cheap from a friend cause he smashed his car. it was a gsr head W/a b16 bottom end. at this time i am going through the motor to replace the seals and get rid of the ol xxxx so i can put some fresh stuff on. just so happened i stumbled accrosed a b18a ls motor that i had got off of a trade you know his loss my gain.but i was wondering if it would even be worth it to do a ls/vtec conversion. i took off the head of the b18 to check out the bottom end and for what i can see after a little clean up the top looks really good i believe that the ls motor only had a but 85000 miles on it b 4 it came out the car.
well is it worth it if i never go Forced induction so what should i do? will it be a big hp gain for me or what . just need a little advice so i can ,ake up my mind.my motor now has b16 bottom/b18c1 head has I/H/E jg throttle body& intake manifold aem fuel rail, ame fuel pressure regulator, aem cam gears, type r valve springs. will it make a big difference

what kind of power gains should i get W/ the set up i have b16 W b18c head or 18a W b18c head. what kind of et should i run with street slicks. holla at me homes