Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU Code 21, 41, jdm gsr into EG, first time swap, pls help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Code 21, 41, jdm gsr into EG, first time swap, pls help!

Sup guys, well i wrote couple of post in regards to my very first swap that i'm doing for a friend, actually my brother and myself doing the install, something we had never done before the highlight prior to this was changing brakes.

Car : 95 Honda Civic CX
Motor : 94 JDM GSR

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=889479

At this point we are finally done and its day 6 finally down to two codes, 21 (Vtec solenoid spool valve?) and 41 (something 02 heater?), ecu is P72 then it has ECU serial number and big bold capital letters "AT" would this be from automatic?

The motor was automatic for sure and i've research a bit supposedly they did have auto gsr in japan but not very common.

My main concern at this point is to get vtec to work we had checked the wiring going into the pressure switch and solenoid and it seems to be fine, then we used the bellow diagram to wire it up from the plug but its still not working. We inserted the wire into the plug then looped it, after that we attached a little connector with a pin and inserted that into the plug for hopefully a better connection but still throws a code. Any ideas on what we are doing wrong? So far i can think of two things, either we are plugging the wire into the wrong pin on the plug (does it matter from what direction you are looking at the plug?) or there is a loose wire someplace in the harness? And also, anyone know what is the 41 code for exactly and how can i get rid of that? Pics soon to follow!

(Diagram Used)

Thanks for all the help in advance! Hope that with you advice we'll have her running by today