Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy Question: JDM 2nd Gen B16a swap into 92 hatch: Mounts??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Question: JDM 2nd Gen B16a swap into 92 hatch: Mounts??

Well, this is a dumb question and I should know the answer already, so I apologize in advance.

as title says, do I need to get any different mounts for this swap?
My friend (Timmay) who is gonna be helping me with the swap thinks that I need to get a 94-01 Integra or 99-00 Si mount for one of them because he doesn't think that I can use all the JDM mounts.

So, is this a direct bolt in affair with all the JDM B16a mounts or do I need to find another mount?
Old 07-08-2003, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Easy Question: JDM 2nd Gen B16a swap into 92 hatch: Mounts?? (Snoopy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snoopy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, this is a dumb question and I should know the answer already, so I apologize in advance.

as title says, do I need to get any different mounts for this swap?
My friend (Timmay) who is gonna be helping me with the swap thinks that I need to get a 94-01 Integra or 99-00 Si mount for one of them because he doesn't think that I can use all the JDM mounts.

So, is this a direct bolt in affair with all the JDM B16a mounts or do I need to find another mount?</TD></TR></TABLE>

your friends name is really 'TIMMAY' like TIMAAAAAAY!!! ?

Timmaaaaaay's wrong about not being able to use the JDM mounts. You can use them, if you have them all.

If your 2ndgen B16 swap came with these mounts:

- rear engine bracket (black "T" shape mount)
- front tranny mount
- A/C mount
- Timing belt-side mount

you should be set.
You'll have to reuse your existing civic TOP tranny mount if your B16 didn't come with one too.

Did you get a shift linkage with your swap as well? if so, good, you need that too.
Your SOHC shift linkage is incompatible with a B-series engine.

What model 92 civic do you own?
If a VTEC model, good, you can reuse your existing engine harness on the B16.
If your car is NON-VTEC + a CX model (1-wire 02), I suggest that you find a US 92-95 Si/EX engine harness, as it will be plug n' play w/your car + you won't have to wire up any VTEC components or a 4-wire 02 sensor at all, since all that is integrated in the Si/EX harness and w/your underdash-to-ecu harness.

If you didn't know, ALL 92 non-vtec civic models are prewired for VTEC. 93-95 non-vtec civic's are not prewired for VTEC.

Only the 92-95 CX models have a 1-wire 02 sensor which needs to be converted to a 4-wire 02 sensor .... although, this can easily be fixed by running a DX or Si/EX engine harness. (Si/EX harness is highly suggested if you're running a DOHC or SOHC VTEC engine as I've already mentioned the reasoning behind this above).

You can now blow TIMMAAAY away with this new found knowledge.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Easy Question: JDM 2nd Gen B16a swap into 92 hatch: Mounts?? (Katman)

Thanks Katman!
I got a complete swap from HMO, so hopefully it comes with all the mounts.

And my hatch is a 92 VX but I already have a z6 swap with a EX/Si engine harness, which makes it easy.

So I can use the Top tranny mount from my D series on the B series. I wasn't sure about that either. Is that the only mount that can be used on both?

And yea, his name is TIMMAAAAY!!!! well, Tim, but that's what we call him and his H-T name is TIMMAY also.

Thanks again.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Easy Question: JDM 2nd Gen B16a swap into 92 hatch: Mounts?? (Snoopy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snoopy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks Katman!
I got a complete swap from HMO, so hopefully it comes with all the mounts.

And my hatch is a 92 VX but I already have a z6 swap with a EX/Si engine harness, which makes it easy.

So I can use the Top tranny mount from my D series on the B series. I wasn't sure about that either. Is that the only mount that can be used on both?

And yea, his name is TIMMAAAAY!!!! well, Tim, but that's what we call him and his H-T name is TIMMAY also.

Thanks again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok you're set then, in the wiring dept.
Yes, the top tranny mount is compatible with any hydro B-series transmission. The other civic mount that is comptible w/a B-series engine, moreoever, a hydro B16A engine, is the dual-post rubber mount thats on the camsprocket/timing belt-side of the engine. This mount is compatible with B16A engines mainly because of the dual-post design whereas a GSR engines use a 3-post (Aluminum mount). So, you can reuse your civic timing-belt side mount on the 2nd gen B16 engine you're installing. Other than that, all other mounts need to be B-series spec.

TIMAAAAY!!!
Old 07-12-2003, 02:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Easy Question: JDM 2nd Gen B16a swap into 92 hatch: Mounts?? (Katman)

Thanks again. I got my engine yesterday and it came with all the mounts so I won't need to use any of my D series mounts, but now I know that I can use two for future reference.

Thanks for helping me add to my knowledge. I'm always eager to learn more.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

motor is in, i get confused about the mounts sometimes
Old 07-25-2003, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Easy Question: JDM 2nd Gen B16a swap into 92 hatch: Mounts?? (TimmayEG8)

When you ordered from hmotors, did it come with the shift linkage, as well?
Old 07-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Easy Question: JDM 2nd Gen B16a swap into 92 hatch: Mounts?? (SignfcntOthr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SignfcntOthr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When you ordered from hmotors, did it come with the shift linkage, as well?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes it was complete swap
Old 07-26-2003, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Easy Question: JDM 2nd Gen B16a swap into 92 hatch: Mounts?? (TimmayEG8)

Thank you.