Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped the H22 in my ek today... pics of some of the tight points!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped the H22 in my ek today... pics of some of the tight points!

if anyone has any pics of the floor where an ek has been cut please post them here

I got pretty much everything from the top done. Just gotta go get a funnel with the long tube and a shorter alternator belt cuz when extended it wants to hit the headlight? I also got to put the hell part in... the axles and shift cables, then she should be about ready to fire up!! All in all i was scared when i had it raised over the engine bay cuz i figured there was no way that thing was going down in there... but it did! (fairly easily) Also had to bend the fuel line like I have been reading about! Anyway here are some pics before i go get a sawzall and the stuff from the parts store!!

if anyone has any pics of the floor where an ek has been cut please post them here
Old 06-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Dropped the H22 in my ek today... pics of some of the tight points! (warwagon)

Clean *** Swap Man! Seriously, it looks good. That header is sick too! Going to keep it allmota? Anywayz, let us know what #'s you put down on the dyno and the strip.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Dropped the H22 in my ek today... pics of some of the tight points! (warwagon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by warwagon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a shorter alternator belt cuz when extended it wants to hit the headlight? </TD></TR></TABLE>

That or shave it a bit.

I posted in the H22a thread about the shifter.

What mounts you using? HCP?
Old 06-08-2004, 08:17 PM

congrats on the install man...thats tighter than a room full of 6th graders

Modified by Ronnie00si at 5:31 AM 6/9/2004
Old 06-08-2004, 08:28 PM

Default Re: (Ronnie00si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ronnie00si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">congrats on the install man...thats tighter than a room full of 6th graders </TD></TR></TABLE>
hahaha

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by africanqueen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Clean *** Swap Man! Seriously, it looks good. That header is sick too! Going to keep it allmota? Anywayz, let us know what #'s you put down on the dyno and the strip. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yep she's my daily commutor, just gonna drive it and keep it reliable (hopefully)!!<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That or shave it a bit.

What mounts you using? HCP?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep hcp's... not bad just a little force had to be applied to the tranny mount for the long bolt to run through!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 08:30 PM

i finished my swap(h22a into 97 hatch) couple days ago ,it to was pretty simple i didnt think it was gonna be . now all i have to do is trouble shoot all the codes popin up, maybe i get some pics in someday. holla
Old 06-08-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Dropped the H22 in my ek today... pics of some of the tight points! (turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

what page?
Old 06-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good. finish it up and go make some power!
Old 06-09-2004, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Whew that is tight, but it looks really nice in that bay, have fun with her
Old 06-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dropped the H22 in my ek today... pics of some of the tight points! (turbogixxer)

Damn, maybe you should try to reposition it a bit. I've never seen an h22/ek come that close to the driverside frame.

Other than that, it look sweet. AN-R Header?
Old 06-09-2004, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Dropped the H22 in my ek today... pics of some of the tight points! (DarkKnight[DMD])

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DarkKnight[DMD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">]Damn, maybe you should try to reposition it a bit. I've never seen an h22/ek come that close to the driverside frame.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

wonderfull.... i might see if i can get the lower rear to move
Old 06-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Clean set up. Always have love for the ek h22s
Old 06-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow!! looks great. How dodyou get your engine to look so clean???
Old 06-09-2004, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Dropped the H22 in my ek today... pics of some of the tight points! (c_buz)

waterhose sponge and degreaser?
Old 06-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I used simple green with good results
Old 06-10-2004, 11:36 AM

looks good!
Old 06-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by warwagon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">waterhose sponge and degreaser?</TD></TR></TABLE>
what a coincidence.. me toooooooo. lol

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DarkKnight[DMD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">]Damn, maybe you should try to reposition it a bit. I've never seen an h22/ek come that close to the driverside frame. </TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah... it looks like it hit.. is it actually touching the shock tower?
but yeah... it does come pretty dam close... i think i have like 2 mm gap right there...

as for the belt thing.. i used a 36.5inch.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by warwagon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what page?</TD></TR></TABLE>
hehehe no ****...umm.. it should be on the first page.. or i know there is a pic of the eg. but its pretty close to the same thing....
Old 06-10-2004, 03:00 PM

yeah once i got my big plastic ***** shifter sitting in the car i could tell what i needed to do but i gotta get something to fill up the damn gaps that are all over the place where the sawzall owned my ***!!!!

and i ended up with a 36" belt and no cutting on the headlight!!! woo hoo
Old 06-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (warwagon)

u gotta do this.. or something similar.. i cut the hole a lil big.. i could have cut it smaller and it wouldnt have looked so bad.. but oh well...

Old 06-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondaZvic)

I did have to cut out anything on EK swaps that I did.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u gotta do this.. or something similar.. i cut the hole a lil big.. i could have cut it smaller and it wouldnt have looked so bad.. but oh well...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm gonna see if the ek's that had the door over the cupholders will fit in mine and i'll just leave the cover down!!
Old 06-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did have to cut out anything on EK swaps that I did.</TD></TR></TABLE>
REALLY? how did u make it fit? did u mount the shifter father back? or did u use the older/ metal shifters? i know mine was from a 2000 lude, big, bulky plastic thing....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by warwagon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i'm gonna see if the ek's that had the door over the cupholders will fit in mine and i'll just leave the cover down!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, i was thinking abou that too.. but i just been to lazy to go find out if it will fit/check price/ and even worry bout it.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
REALLY? how did u make it fit? did u mount the shifter father back? or did u use the older/ metal shifters? i know mine was from a 2000 lude, big, bulky plastic thing....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will try to get pics
Old 06-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dope *** headers mate. good job I would pat your back but here's two
Old 06-12-2004, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Dropped the H22 in my ek today... pics of some of the tight points! (Qfactor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Qfactor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dope *** headers mate. good job I would pat your back but here's two </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: Dropped the H22 in my ek today... pics of some of the tight points!