Dpfi to mpfi injectors not firing help! - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dpfi to mpfi injectors not firing help!

Old 03-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #1
Trial User

Default Dpfi to mpfi injectors not firing help!

Alright I am new to this site just trying to see if any of you guys on here can maybe help me out I just converted my 91 civic DX to mpfi put a jdm D16A motor in it got a 95 civic intake manifold and throttle body the wiring for the dizzy and injectors was pretty simple moved the two wired for the tps and had my I injectors ran to a resistor box which I then removed because I was told I did not need from someone very reliable. Im running a pm6 ecu. Grounds are all good I'm getting spark have 12v to yellow/black wired on injectors pulled the fuel rail off injectors are not spraying then two of them poped off and fuel went everywhere awesome right
Anyone able to enlighten me on this I would really appreciate any advice need my wheels back!
Thanks.
Whystherumgone? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:09 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Dpfi to mpfi injectors not firing help!

What distributor are you running ??? From what application ??? If you are using the fuel injectors from the '95 Civic intake manifold, then you do not need a resistor box. However, your ECU and distributor MUST be in the same family to work. The PM6 ECU is OBD-0, so you would have to use an OBD-0 distributor as well to make this work. Fuel injectors from another family will work, but their latency will make the car run poorly at idle and low throttle loads... nothing a proper tune can't fix, but a stock ECU cannot accommodate the change.
JRCivic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:19 AM   #3
Trial User

Yes I am using the injectors out the 95 and you say I don't need the resistor box also so thanks that's settled
And both my pm6 ecu and my distributor for a 90/91 crx/civic si and the dizzy is brand new just bought it
Old 03-15-2017, 05:11 AM   #4
Trial User

And thank you for the reply