Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not deal with Landspeed Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (revised please read)

These people suck, horrible customer service. I called in regards to an APEXi V-AFC. They placed an ad in Sport Compact Car, stating that they have a "best price guarantee" on this item. So I call and ask how much. A guy named Nick states $359.00 plus s/h. I then ask him about their "best price guarantee". He then states "why did you get a lower quote somewhere else". I say "Yes, I found it on-line at Titan Motorsports for $300.00 w/free s/h" and give him their web-site, He says "hold on, lemme check". He puts me on hold then comes back to say that he can't match it because that is a Japanese Market version w/japaneese instructions and no warranty. I than said "I will call back" I wanted to verify with Titan if that was really a Japaneese Market version. If so, fair enough that would explain his inability to match/beat the price...... so I call Titan and they say that there product is the US version and does come w/warranty from Apexi USA. So I call back to Landspeed and now they change their policy in the last 3 minutes,after talking to idiot Nick again he now says that, "Oh we don't match/beat fly by night operations". So I ask him "who is to determine that it is a "fly by night" operation... he replies with "I, do" and then with an ***-hole wanna beat his head in tone of voice says "now is there anything else I can help you with". This is ridiculous, and is false advertisement, don't advertise "best price guarantee" if you don't plan on honoring it...... put your money where your mouth is. I can see if this was a group buy,special purchase, opened item, but this was factory fresh in a sealed box...... so please boycott the hell out of these idiots, they don't need our business, and be sure to tell everyone you know.....

[Modified by CrxSi707, 8:40 PM 8/20/2002]
Old 08-16-2002, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (CrxSi707)

go Hondata
Old 08-16-2002, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I got my AEM pulleys from them... they sent it with the wrong belts. When I called to tell them it cost me close to $25 to replace the wrong belts...they told me they would only give me a credit to buy something else.

Not a horrible experience... but cost me close to $150 for freakin pulleys.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (X2BOARD)

why not just buy from Titanmotorsports to begin with? I bought my V-AFC a year ago from him for $300 shipped.
Old 08-16-2002, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (KGAccord)

why not just buy from Titanmotorsports to begin with? I bought my V-AFC a year ago from him for $300 shipped.
Yeah I sure did buy from Titan Motorsports in the end, I just wanted to see how good of a deal I could get from Landspeed especially with their "guaranteed low price" scam that they publish in Sport Compact Car.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:21 PM
New User

Might drop a word to the Sport Compact Car about that.... hehehe
Old 08-16-2002, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (88_SC_CRX_Si)

i ordered a skunk2 camber kit from them and after a mointh of waiting for it i called somewher else that had it in stick and got it for 80 bucks cheaper.they definatly dont have the best pricessz
Old 08-16-2002, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (dose)

You might have had an isolated case, because I have order numerous items from them (2 DC Headers, ACT clutch kit, Thermal Exhaust, Lowering kit, and Brake package). I haven't had anything nerve racking happen. The only thing I can complain about is that they sent me the wrong front brake pads. Other than that, I personally have had good customer service.

*quick note* - when any of you call, ask for Keith, he's the manager their. Gets me the correct info. all the time and tries to take care of the customer.

Just my $0.02
Old 08-16-2002, 09:39 PM

I would call Keith and complain about Nicks' unprofessional attitude and customer service.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i know! i ordered a dc sports exhaust from them over the phone and decided to cancel since they told me they had a better selection online at their website where i could look over more exhaust. and some guy named Todd that works there said, "sure you could look over it, i'll cancel your order, you won't get billed." I was cool, next month later, i got billed $512 for the dc sports exhaust. i called them to ask why they charge me for something i didn't get? They said, "caused you ordered it." i was like WTF, then where's my tracking number? they put me on hold to get it, never got back to me. i e-mailed Todd and the company, no response. Try'd calling, always put me on hold, i had my friend threaten too, since he's a good arguer. They hung up on him. My only hope, call my credit card company and tell them landspeed just pulled a fast one on me. Well, they listen to my CC company and they told my CC co. it was a "mistake." this whole thing went on for 2weeks, so much hassle! ever since that, i dont' buy parts online no more, it's always classified ads or partstrader.
Old 08-17-2002, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (ULTRA911)

yeah LANDSPEED dicked me over too. I hate that damn place!
Old 08-17-2002, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (quis23)

some of these companies need to realize there are alot of competition out there selling import performance parts. its not like a few years ago when there was only a handful of speed shops for imports. if they keep screwing up orders and treating customers like ****, they wont last too long.
Old 08-17-2002, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (jmm96gsr)

they charge hidden fees also. i orded an exuast from them a WHILE back and they charged. for me to get a signiture, for me to wait for it on backorder, some ridiculous amount for shipping. oh well thats over and most likely wont go back to them
Old 08-17-2002, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (CR-X)

Go to http://www.superiorracing.com, or call them 480-317-0090 (superior racing development) They are based in Tempe, AZ. They are the best shop in AZ. Ask for Joe or Jesse. Tell them Landspeed dicked you over. They will take care of you.
Old 08-17-2002, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (QwkEHtwo)

go Hondata
what the?
Old 08-18-2002, 06:48 AM

I've only ordered one thing ( power core street cat) from them, 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it! When I first ordered they said I would have it in 7-10 working days! Every week I call and they tell me the same thing, "it'll ship next week" blah blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't order anything from them ever again!!
Old 08-18-2002, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (Jaymz)

I thought these guys only worked on domestics. Guess I was wrong.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (jcamacho)

SRD is a ******* PIECE OF **** shop. They have horrible prices, horrible customer service, and **** UP cars. I would NEVER go there.

Mark @ Landspeed is an OUTSTANDING guy.

Ben @ Apex is an eve more OUTSTANDING guy.

Ben @ apex is in my opinion the most considerate shop owner I have ever met.

If you are in az, go no place other....
Old 08-19-2002, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing (94goldjungsr)

Here is a copy of an e-mail that I sent to Landspeed to give them an opportunity to address some of our concerns, let's see if they care about our business enough to respond..... In hopes that we will have one less shady retailer to deal with.

To whom it may concern:

I called last week in regards to an Apexi V-AFC, and got horrible service especially in regards to your so called "low price guarantee". After receiving that level of customer service, I am invoking my rights as a consumer to let all others know about your company and practices, I'm also contemplating contacting Sport Compact Car in regards to this situation since their publication led me to your outfit.

I'm enclosing the web address of the comment I placed on Honda-Tech.com(a major import discussion forum) in regards to my experience with your business. You will be able to see the feedback from others who not surprisingly have other not-so-good experiences.. This is also my way of giving you the chance to respond to these comments and maybe preserve current or future patrons. We as consumers would like to remind you folks running these retail establishments that good prices, quality product, stand behind your word, and most of all good customer service is what keeps us from taking our hard earned money and business elsewhere.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=255767

Hope this is enlightening,
Brian
Old 08-19-2002, 02:19 PM
New User

To call someone else's shop a "fly-by-night operation" would seem slanderous.
Old 08-19-2002, 02:24 PM

Forget it, I just got an return mail notification saying that their address they publish on the web is invalid....... even more shady.....
Old 08-20-2002, 02:24 AM

I bought a PowerCore cat from them 5 months ago. It got to me on time and they seemed helpful to me. I was planning on going back.
Old 08-20-2002, 10:17 AM

Forget it, I just got an return mail notification saying that their address they publish on the web is invalid....... even more shady.....
I would like to follow up on this post. Well it does seem that we have some kind of so-called purchasing power/influence from our great forum here. I recieved a PM from someone that is associated with Landspeed Racing, asking me to contact him via phone regarding my issue. Initially in the PM he in no way stated that he was associated with Landspeed Racing, but just said that he would like to talk to me about my issues. After calling him and explaining my story, he asked me if I had already ordered my V-AFC. I stated "yes, why are you a retailer also" he then said no "I work for Landspeed and would like to see if I can work something out for you." This caught me by total surprise. He explained to me that it should have never gone down the way it did and that the person I spoke to was wrong in the way he handled the situation.. At this point I am very pleased that they 1)called me to get the full unbias story, 2)admitted that the situation should have been handled differently 3)offered to make good on the deal. So in all fairness to them I wanted to report these details to you all, and let you know that considering by their actions I feel that they are here to earn our "hard earned" money and that they do value our business. With the professional manner in which they handled my problem, I do have to say that I will consider doing business with them in the future.... thank you to all who listened/read and commented, and thank you to Landspeed for making me feel just a lil' more important in this "dog eat dog" world........
Old 08-20-2002, 11:29 AM
New User

Lesson to learn from this, don't deal with Nick at Landspeed Racing. Ask for someone else.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:09 PM

Judging from your email you didn't handle the situation very well. If you use words like "These people suck", "idiot", "***-hole wanna beat his head in", "boycott the hell out of these idiots" you'll probably find that people will return the favor. LANDSPEED is a great place to get parts.

Quick Reply: Do not deal with Landspeed Racing