Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need to buy any new hoses....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need to buy any new hoses....

I swapping a B18C into a 95 Civic DX. I noticed that when my engine came in all of the hoses had been cut. Fuel line, vacuum lines, hydrolic lines to clutch, and my radiator hoses. I know that I have to replace the upper and lower radiator hoses with the GSR ones.

What about the rest of these? Do I need to buy fuel lines and vacuum lines for a GSR or can I just use my Civic lines for now and replace them in two to four weeks. I am coming close to running out of cash with this thing and would like to get it in and running. I will take care of the details later......

Thanks in advance....
Old 07-01-2003, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Do I need to buy any new hoses.... (SpyderZEX)

You can use the fuel line, and vacuum lines are not hard to replace or put in, but as for radiator and heater core hoses, I would definitely replace them.

You also can use the hydraulic line to the clutch from your civic as well.

Old 07-02-2003, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Do I need to buy any new hoses.... (poison)

Cool...man thank you very much.... I already bought the upper and lower radiator hoses because I knew that I would need those.... but I didn't know about the heater hoses.... Thanks again...
Old 08-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Do I need to buy any new hoses.... (SpyderZEX)

I have a question.... Did you use the stock civic radiator? I'm asking because the GSR hoses are bigger than the radiator inlet and outlet. Is there a trick that I dont knw about? Can I cut the stock hose and leave it in the radiator and put the gsr hose over it? Will that cause a leak? THANKS!
Old 08-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Do I need to buy any new hoses.... (dwnthehatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dwnthehatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can I cut the stock hose and leave it in the radiator and put the gsr hose over it? Will that cause a leak?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've seen that done and sometimes it will work. I have the OEM radiator in my 92 VX with B18C1 for over 2 years now with no problems. I used C Clamps on the upper and lower radiator necks with GSR hoses and it works fine.