Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

differences between h22 and h23 midshaft (or intermediate shaft)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default differences between h22 and h23 midshaft (or intermediate shaft)

my ek needs new axels very badly, i'm not the one who swapped it but im running a h22a with h23 trans.

if there is a difference in the midshaft between the h22 trans and h23 trans i'm going to have to base my axel purcjases on what midshaft is in there.

is there any way i can tell if the car has a h22 or h23 midshaft? i think i'm going to assume i have the h23 shaft due to having the h23 trans in the car, but it'd be nice to know if there is a difference between these two. thanks!

btw, anyone used the ebay swap axels? they are very very competitively priced, actually about the cost of one halfshaft as apposed to buying 4 and hybriding them into one usable set. they come with the prelude inners and integra outers for about 150-200 shipped per set.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: differences between h22 and h23 midshaft (or intermediate shaft)

ttt
Old 02-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They are the same. I think F series are different but dont quote me.

When I was H series I was always scared to try the ebay axles. I didn't want to waste the money if they were junk or just flat out did not work. I went with raxles and never had an issue. ran the same set for nearly 3 years n/a and boosted.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bakrdkng
my ek needs new axels very badly, i'm not the one who swapped it but im running a h22a with h23 trans.

if there is a difference in the midshaft between the h22 trans and h23 trans i'm going to have to base my axel purcjases on what midshaft is in there.

is there any way i can tell if the car has a h22 or h23 midshaft? i think i'm going to assume i have the h23 shaft due to having the h23 trans in the car, but it'd be nice to know if there is a difference between these two. thanks!

btw, anyone used the ebay swap axels? they are very very competitively priced, actually about the cost of one halfshaft as apposed to buying 4 and hybriding them into one usable set. they come with the prelude inners and integra outers for about 150-200 shipped per set.
Not sure about the ebay axles...

The type of axle you use depends a lot on your motor mount kit. Even if you have a hasport kit, there is a difference between the newest kit and the one from a few years ago, this makes it so that there are two different sets of axles available for the same swap with the same brand motor mount in your car. Just a heads up...

Also, I believe the h22 and h23 half shaft is the same. The F series is different like duecedueceEK said...
Old 02-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the info... i'm not sure what mounts are in the car, the steel passenger side is home-made by yours truly due to a faulty mount that was on the car when i bought it. its a nice mount, solid and firm. the drivers side is cast steel. (obviously made by a company who makes these h22 swap mounts)

so i should find out what mount im running... then base my axel purchase/hybrid on that?

...the last thing im trying to do is buy a set of DA integra axels and a set of 92 prelude axels, hybrid them into a set, only to find out that they are binding... which will force me to buy a pre-DA integra axel (which is shorter) to fix the bind issue. thats 5 halfshafts!

my ek is dumped on apex-i coils, and i dont want to raise it just to keep my setup drivable.

bump for more input! who makes a drivers side cast steel mount for a h22 swapped ek coupe? ...i have some research to do!