Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Del Sol Information Required.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Information Required.

Hi all ...
first off all i am new in this Form i would like to be a friend of the form members..
i am from UAE -- United Arab Emirates . So i am Sorry for my language if there is any mistake ..

SO ...

i own 1996 Del Sol with B16A engine left hand drive and i want to start working on this car from the engine to the ECU and finishing with the body .. i have a time line of 12 months (1 year) to finish my project..

i am looking for some information about my del sol...
1- How to find out if the car is OBD1 or 2 -- and what is (OBD).
2- how to swap the engine to H22A and where can i find the parts or i have to make some parts that are not in stock.
3- what is JDM.
4- if i want to fix Motec to H22A can i get all the information to run the motec.
5- do i have to change the gearbox and the axle and the hole thing to get the new swap running .
6- my current VETC is working from 5300 RPM and after the swap will it work the same or i have to fix VETC controller.
7- if i want to change the rim size to 17" or 18" what type of Hub i have to use (car name and model please)
8- can i buy a full half cut right hand prelude and fix the hole thing in my del sol with the mounting and the gearbox and axles.

That is all for know and i have lot of Q's in Mind.

Thank you all and that's to H-T to provide all this Use full information on the net.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:59 AM

i can't think for a sec that no one replayed my post wher is every one in this for i see new posts and replayed but mine no one ...
No No No ....

Waiting for your Cool Informations
Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Information Required. (DXBSOL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DXBSOL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i own 1996 Del Sol with B16A engine left hand drive and i want to start working on this car from the engine to the ECU and finishing with the body .. i have a time line of 12 months (1 year) to finish my project..

i am looking for some information about my del sol...
1- How to find out if the car is OBD1 or 2 -- and what is (OBD).
2- how to swap the engine to H22A and where can i find the parts or i have to make some parts that are not in stock.
3- what is JDM.
4- if i want to fix Motec to H22A can i get all the information to run the motec.
5- do i have to change the gearbox and the axle and the hole thing to get the new swap running .
6- my current VETC is working from 5300 RPM and after the swap will it work the same or i have to fix VETC controller.
7- if i want to change the rim size to 17" or 18" what type of Hub i have to use (car name and model please)
8- can i buy a full half cut right hand prelude and fix the hole thing in my del sol with the mounting and the gearbox and axles.

That is all for know and i have lot of Q's in Mind.

Thank you all and that's to H-T to provide all this Use full information on the net.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm i'll try to help some.
1)1996 should be first year of OBD2 (on board dianogstics) I think thats it.
2)h22 swap is pretty common place. Hasport makes the mounts and I'm sure the wiring needed for it.
3)JDM= Japanese domestic market
4)never messed with motec
5)if your going with H22, generally you need the same engine series. ie h series engine with h tranny or b series engine with b tranny and generally the same OBD1 etc. I know there is an adapter plate to mount a b series tranny to a H22. just stick ith b series since you already have one. maybe get itr= integra type r b18c5 or gsr b18c1 shortblock
6)get the engine tuned to know where the vtec shift point where be the most useful in your powerband. dont just switch it to 4k so it kicks in sooner.
7)on a del sol 17 is HUGE.15 or 16 is a very nice rim size. just look for a bolt pattern of 4x100 with +32-+38 offset
8)are you wanting the rhd half cut to convert the del sol to rhd or just for the motor? rhd conversion wouldnt work easy that way. plenty of swaps are sold without needing to buy a half cut clip for the parts.

hope this helps some.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Information Required. (DXBSOL)

Memphis gave ya some good info, and I really dont have anything to add...but isn't it the United Arab Emirates where those sweet man-made islands are??
Old 04-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump to help out a fellow soler, dont know much about the h22, except they pretty fast when its all done
Old 04-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are there a lot of del sols @ UAE?
Old 04-19-2007, 08:22 PM

memphisraines26 &gt;&gt;
soccerwuedo5 &gt;&gt;
Slo-EG1 &gt;&gt;
Del Sol SiR &gt;&gt;

Thank you For replaying my Post.
memphisraines26 : Thank you For the usefull information first of all..
i was going to buy a half cut only for the motor, gearbox and the ecu. if its not required so just tell me.?
So h series engine with h tranny = h series engine with h GearBox . ?
we have some name changes i think
------------
about itr motor i dont have to change the tranny and the mountings?
-----------
about tuning the engine how to do that in UAE we dont have some one special in Honda Family cars . they just work to run the motor after that what will happen its not ther job
and iam trying to get closer to Honda motors and get all the informations about it and do the swaps in UAE. "Hope So "..

--------------
--------------
Del Sol SiR:
We Dont Have a lot of del sols in UAE . i am trying to make a honda group . we have another honda group. we have one but they dont have Pro. work on there Cars.
i am working on my Car i will do the paint Job first of all at the mon=ment i dont have any PIC or i would post them ...
next week i will take some photos and post them..

-------------
All Over Thank you All
Old 04-20-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Del Sol Information Required. (soccerwuedo5)

Sorry Bro i forgot to answer your post ..
yes you are right its United arab emirates the ilands are in UAE you better visit it one day .. and dont worry i will take all around the places . you will have fun .

and dont forget we have a mal called " Emirates Mal" where you can find real snow in.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would only buy a half cut if it was cheaper than buying a complete motor swap. (engine, gearbox, wiring, and axles) search on this site for h22 del sol swap to see what is required to mount and wire it in the del sol chasis. the del sol platform is similiar to the eg 92-95 civic, so suspension coponants will exchange.

with a itr longblock swap(oilpan, block with pistons, and head) you can reuse the gearbox, axles, and I believe wiring.

this site and the archieved articles are a big help. search for motor swaps and tuning. not sure where else to point you to learn to tune. "crome" and "neptune" are tuning programs that are free to download. start looking for "P28" ecu's that were in the sohc vtec motors. they are easy to chip for tuning.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: (memphisraines26)

thank you for the info ..
it will be much cheeper to get a half cut than to buy each part alone.
and i am reading most of the posts in this form i am learning lot of usefull things around.
so have a nice day.