Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

d16z6 into 94 cx

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d16z6 into 94 cx

Well i'm gonna be attempting my first swap next week, and i just want to make sure my ideas are straight.

First of all, i'm going to need to re-wire two things right? Vtec solenoid, and o2 sensor. (will it be just as easy to re-wire with my cx harness, or should i get the si harness, please explain why.)

second, can i use the same linkage? I believe i can, but i just want to make sure

Axles are all the same on D-series cars, i if i recall......motor mounts as well.

I'll be getting a p28 5-speed ecu, and i'm aware i'll have to pin the two new wires to it.

Everything else besides the o2 sensor and vtec solenoid should just be plug and play correct? Please let me know if i'm leaving anything out, thanx.

Most of all, i'm just trying to clarify on the wiring, as i've never re-wired a car before. I'd just like someone to clearly explain what i should re-wire, and what harness is recommended, and why. I have searched, but it's not too clear to me yet. So can someone just please explain what i should re-wire, and what harness i should use and why. The help will be greatly appreciated as i am a first timer! thanx.

- uly
Old 10-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: d16z6 into 94 cx (Captain Hammerite)

bump for some help
Old 10-09-2003, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: d16z6 into 94 cx (Captain Hammerite)

Yep, for the D16Z6 into an EG, you need to add VTEC wires (two of them leading to the ECU.

One of them is the VTEC solenoid. That is located near the distributor and has 1 wire. You need to grab a wire and follow that thru the engine harness, then to the passenger side shock tower harness. You also need to look at the VTEC pressure switch which is right below that -- this will have two wires.

One of the wires from the VTEC oil pressure switch will go to the thermostat ground. Simply splice that wire to the thermostat ground and solder it (to make sure it will never come loose).

From there, you have the other VTEC pressure wire, and the VTEC solenoid wire. Follow those with the engine harness leading to the passenger side shock tower.

There will be two empty spots at the top part of the shock tower connector with a black plug in each one.

Remove the black plug, and then add a pin (which you can use from any unused plug), then on the other side add a female pin (which you can also use from any unused plug) -- if you have one and add them to the shock tower plug.

Lead that to the ECU. VTEC solenoid goes to the A4 pinout. VTEC pressure switch goes to the D6 pinout.

As for O2 sensor, do the exact samething, only they are different wire colors.

- WHT/RED wire goes to D14 which is O2 Sensor Input
- ORG/BLK wire goes to A6, which is Heater Control
- GRN/WHT wire goes to D22 which is Sensor Ground
- YEL/BLK wire goes to A25 which is Sensor voltage

Here is pinouts so you know where they go:

Old 10-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: d16z6 into 94 cx (poison)

thanx poison great info