Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D16y8 head with a y7 bottom help!

Old 01-17-2019, 05:07 AM
Trial User

Default D16y8 head with a y7 bottom help!

i currently have a d16y8 head on a y7 block. Iíve ran into some issues that Iíd like to verify about. The dizzy currently on supposedly isnít the correct on and I need a td-80u dizzy. Then the throttle cable is loose or something. I donít think this has to do with the dizzy but when car is on it canít idle, pretty sure thatís the IACV. However when giving tge car throttle itís very laggy and doesnít act instantly. Would like help to know if Iím looking in the right places! Car starts, moves and what not just stalls due to Iím guessing wrong dizzy, throttle cable and IACV. Please help thanks.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Trial User

Default Re: D16y8 head with a y7 bottom help!

Originally Posted by johnsz201 View Post
i currently have a d16y8 head on a y7 block. Iíve ran into some issues that Iíd like to verify about. The dizzy currently on supposedly isnít the correct on and I need a td-80u dizzy. Then the throttle cable is loose or something. I donít think this has to do with the dizzy but when car is on it canít idle, pretty sure thatís the IACV. However when giving tge car throttle itís very laggy and doesnít act instantly. Would like help to know if Iím looking in the right places! Car starts, moves and what not just stalls due to Iím guessing wrong dizzy, throttle cable and IACV. Please help thanks.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:44 PM
Trial User

Default Re: D16y8 head with a y7 bottom help!

Hey bro y7 and y8 bottoms are nearly identical. It doesnt have the oil jet to pull like all the other mini me swaps. If its in a non ex car like a dx or lx and you bolted a y8 head then you cant plug up the iac if u used y8 intake manifold (unless its an auto y8 Int mani, they are three wire but you would need auto y8 ecu then) manual y8s are 2wire. Y7s and auto y8s r 3wire. You drop the orange wire and just use the 2 wires that color match to a 2 wire plug. And plug it up to y8 iacv. It looks just like all the other 2 wire round plugs on the manifold. If u still have y7 intake manifold and plugged up y8 ecu then y8 ecu uses 2 wire idle control. Ok so you have 3 wires for iacv at ecu in your dx/lx harness. You have to pull the orange wire at the ecu and move one of the iacv wires to a different pin in the ecu. Google 3wire to 2wire iacv fix ek. Hope this helps. Y7 and y8 dizzy should be same part number bro. The throttle cable aint right cuz yur iacv ai t working. After u fix that it will be fine with jus a hair of slack in it. Katman iacv fix into google bro

Last edited by Deric McGuffie; 02-09-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: