Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D-series in a DC Integra

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D-series in a DC Integra

I just copied and pasted it from my other thread, since it seemed like it was going no where:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1982634

To start off, I'm a DSM guy, and know little about Hondas. Anyways, I'd like a reliable daily driver that gets great fuel economy, to battle the rising costs of fuel.
With the high volume of thefts around the Detroit area, there have been many Integra shells that have been recovered. Most of them, the engine and trans have been taken, but the interior, suspension, and body are mostly in tact.

I'd like to keep this project as low budget as possible.

I came across a nice 97 GSR, and I'm looking to drop in a D16 from a EG. I know about the legality about swapping older engines into newer cars, but this will be an "off-road use" vehicle. Michigan also doesn't have any smog testing, whatsoever.

I believe all I need is the D16 engine, manual trans, and axles correct?

The D16 engine would more than likely be a OBD1, but the chassis is an OBD2. Can I use the stock B18C wiring harness on the D16 engine, without swapping the harness out, or modifying it? I believe I need an OBD2 dizzy, correct? What else would I need? Which ECU should I be running?

Can I use the stock B18C mounts, or would I have to switch over to the D-series mounts? Will the D-series axles line up to the splines in the B-series hubs?

What about the powersteering, and A/C, would the B-series powersteering pump and air condensor bolt-onto the D-series block? I'd like to retain those as-well.

And finally, I'm not sure if the EG uses a hydro or cable trans. Would I need any converters? What I need to change the shift linkage or cables?

I'd like to keep this project as low budget as possible.

Thanks again. Any comments, ideas, or feedback would be appreciated.

-Tahleel
Old 05-14-2007, 02:04 PM
ESP-net

Default Re: D-series in a DC Integra (tahleel)

I was pondering this swap a while back but spent the money on a H deuce in my DC.

Stock B series hydro DC mounts will work with the 92-95 Civic D series engine. 5spd/5spd. Both engines use hydro trans 92+ Civic D series and 94+ DC so no converting is necessary. We actually carry aftermarket mounts for this as well.

You would need to stick with the D series 92-95 hydro trans. Yes axles from D series and midshaft from 92-95 Civic should bolt up fine. I believe the spline count is the same.

Wiring shouldn't be too hard should be near plug and play. EGR and IAB secondaries wont be used and ecu of choice would be the P28 obd1 if your using D SOHC Vtec from 92-95. A simple OBD2A-OBD1 jumper harness will make it a plug and play operation in using the OBD1 P28 ECU.

Reason this swap is easy is because in Japan they had a 94+ DC ZX-I model and it came with the lil ZC Vtec D series engine also had drums in the back which was wierd. You will need to lower the front a lil more so it wont sit so high in the front with the lighter D in it
Old 05-14-2007, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: D-series in a DC Integra (ESP-net)

Great, thanks a lot!

Now, which dizzy should I use? Which plug also?

What about the brackets for the powersteering, and A/C?

I should use the D-series alternator, and a D-series plug, correct?

Thanks a lot ESP-net, you might have just gained yourself a future customer.

-Tahleel
Old 05-15-2007, 08:16 AM
ESP-net

Default Re: D-series in a DC Integra (tahleel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tahleel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great, thanks a lot!

Now, which dizzy should I use? Which plug also?

What about the brackets for the powersteering, and A/C?

I should use the D-series alternator, and a D-series plug, correct?

Thanks a lot ESP-net, you might have just gained yourself a future customer.

-Tahleel</TD></TR></TABLE>

Use the OBD1 Dizzy from the 92-95 SOHC Vtec it will require a lil wire work but going from OBD2A-OBD1 dizzy wiring is straight forward. Below is a chart I made a while back. Yes use D series brackets, power steering and AC. Yes D series alternator and D series plug. It may be the same plug? if not swap for the D series.