Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of questions for the JDM H22'ers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of questions for the JDM H22'ers

Ok I just got my Jdm H22a and I have a couple of questions for u honda-techers out there wit the same or similar swaps.

1. I know that my exhaust wont bolt up. What kind of exhaust work am i'm goin to have to do to get it to work b/c I know that they sent the header and the downpipe for the jdm h22a and I was wondering if that's were the 02 sensor is located and if so do I have to get it fabricated or what mods do I have to get it to work.

2. Also where can I find the distributor cap that will work wit the jdm and how much will it cost b/c mine got broke during shipping .

3. And I wanna know the exact year of the motor I've heard that if u take the heat shield off then there r a couple of circles and the 1st one should have the date that it came out of.

4. Does anyone make a wiring harness that is already made for my car that will work with the h22a instead of me having to splice and solder and extend my wiring harness. ( I also noticed that hasport doesn't make 1 but I'ma call them to make sure)

5. And if there isnt anyone who makes 1 does anyone make the wiring diagram to wire up the wiring harness b/c I know u have to change the pins around to get it to plug up to the ecu also I notice that ya'll show the pins but I was wondering do u have any pics to show it.

6. I also need the alternator belt I'm wondering if the usdm prelude belts will work or do I have to get the jdm belts.

I'm a lil new at the engine swappin to this extent so please bare with me.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:51 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: A couple of questions for the JDM H22'ers (Superman137)

1. You can either bolt the stock Prelude down pipe up, make a 3-bolt flange adapter to a 2-bolt flage and bolt up your stock Civic cat and cut about 6-8 inches on your B-pipe of your exhaust. Or you can cut the Prelude downpipe shorter and weld on a cat (or race cat is what we used) and make it the correct length so it'll bolt directly up to your Civic B-pipe and no cutting of the exhaust is needed..... I'll take pics the next time I have the car up in the air.

2. Use the 92-95 Civic SOHC cap & rotor.

3. You can do that, or you can read the block number and it'll tell you want "generation" that particular motor is, thus telling you what year.

4. Most places can modify your existing wire harness but there isn't one that's already pre-fabbed unless somebody has spare Civic/H22 harnesses that they just throw together and have on hand.

5. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=650329

6. Samething