Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a couple questions

I have a 1993 Honda Civic cx hatchback 5spd anf for about a year I have been tryin to figure out what engine I want. I pretty much went through all the possibilities from a D15B to a K20 and have decide I want to build a frankenstein/mini-me. I was planing to use a B20 block form the CRV but I was not sure of what head to use. It's pretty much between a B16A/B head or a GSR/ITR head. This car will remain naturally aspirated and will be used fro circuit racing as well as a daily driver till I get another car. I was also curious to know which pistons,crankshaft and rods I should put in(either the B20 or the ones that go with my head) and if I were to change them from what company I shoul;d go with.(note I do not want to surpass 9000rpm sicne it will be my daily driver as well, but I do want a good amount of power(I would tell you about how much but I am really not sure how much the enigne will put out stock))..I am open to other suggestions and advice if possible. (and I just wanted to add that yes unlike a lot of people I have started working on my suspension because I'm pretty sure the stock one will not handle the power of teh new engine lol!!!!

Modified by phil101 at 3:58 PM 10/14/2005
Old 10-14-2005, 07:54 PM
GDD Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't want to sound rude, but from reading your post, it looks like you don't really know much about what you're doing, so my honest opinion would be to take what you've got and experiment with it before you go jumping into a big project.

It's best if you do some mods to your current motor, then move up the ladder and go from there.

Sorry if I sound rude, i'm not trying to be.