Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch slave cylinder question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: gravity rides everything...everything will fall, se GA/ne FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default clutch slave cylinder question...

will a d-series clutch slave work on a b-series tranny (ls)? i need to know because i am doing a 5-speed conversion next week. thanks a lot.
Old 12-31-2001, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: clutch slave cylinder question... (not so civic)

Yes it most certainly will....I am using my EX slave cylinder with my GSR,....that is one of the few parts that is the same on the Intigity
Old 12-31-2001, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch slave cylinder question... (KawiGreenVTEC)

man...thanks a lot. i need to salvage as many of my d-series parts as possible. did you reuse any of the tranny mounts??? i have heard that you can use all of them but the front tranny but no one is sure of this. from what i remember, the rear and top tranny mount looked like they would work but i didn't try it. thanks again.
Old 12-31-2001, 09:24 PM

man...thanks a lot. i need to salvage as many of my d-series parts as possible. did you reuse any of the tranny mounts??? i have heard that you can use all of them but the front tranny but no one is sure of this. from what i remember, the rear and top tranny mount looked like they would work but i didn't try it. thanks again.
Ok for mounts you only need to change one or two, one for sure, the rear tranny mount you need to use a B series rear tranny mount. The second mount is the drivers side motor mount if you dont' have the silver aluminum one then you need that as well, EVERY OTHER MOUNT WILL WORK. Oh I am sorry on more correction the lower drivers side torque mount needs to be B series as well, although you can leave this mount out, but I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS. Any more questions feel free to ask.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am doin a 5-speed conversion on my civic as well. I will be starting it probably in about 2 weeks. I needed to know that same question you asked too. Is there anything else you think i might need to know? Also exactly what parts do i need? Is it true that there is a cutout in the floor for the clutch pedal already? I would appreciate any input you or anybody else might be able to give me. Thanx.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch slave cylinder question... (KawiGreenVTEC)

ok...i am finding that same answer out from a couple of people basically. i just need to worry about the tranny ones so thanks. that's all the questions i have for now...thanks again.
Old 12-31-2001, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch slave cylinder question... (jdmhatch)

if you are using 3rd gen integra pedals then they will bolt to the holes already there even though your car is auto. when you do the clutch at the firewall you will take out this blue box that's in the spot where the plunger goes to the master cylinder and there are holes to bolt. the gas and brake are similar too just the size and closeness of the two...bolts right into place. the shifter extension mounting bracket has the holes already in the floor to bolt the bracket to. you have to drill the spot welds from the tranny bracket on the chasis so you can take that off and weld or screw in a manual tranny bracket. i have heard that honda sells these as weld ons from parts or you could drill one off one from the salvage yard. get a measurement from a manual civic of how far down the rail or whatever position so that it is close to how it's supposed to be. there are a lot of different ways to go about using computers for the auto or the manual. the auto one will work but you should use the manual. if you use the auto still, you have to set your shift switch to park and cover and mount it to the floor under the shift console. do this you can start your car without having to worry about the clutch interlock start switch. the auto ecu will still try and locate the auto tranny sensors...i have to figure out to fool that from the tcm and ecu. and if you use the auto ecu i have heard that it fuel cuts early in fourth gear but i will see. i am going to wait till i run into problems and need to run the full manual ecu and wires. if you use a manual ecu, i think that you would have to do something about the clutch interlock switch so you could start the car. last you know you have to wire the reverse lights but that is cake because it's just a switch for the reverse bulb circuit and those wires are easy to find. that's about all the critical parts...the rest is to torque the bolts properly and just take your time and have fun doing it. it will be a first hands on conversion that i will claim to have done and i know it won't be hard. good luck to you. do a search for the parts list...sohfast.com has a nice list in the faq's of his page.