Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch cable problem after swap...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch cable problem after swap...

Last night on the way home i was getting off of the highway coming up to a light...when i pushed in the clutch to take it out of gear the pedal went straight to the floor with NO resistance. I got out and looked at it and it wasnt broken or anything...i couldnt really tell what caused it to do that. The cable was really loose so i adjusted it down some and it worked fine. Well this morning on my way to work it did the same thing...so i got out and adjusted it down as far as it can go...it worked well enough to get me home. I havent really looked at it since then. I have a 90 CRX with a 92 b18a. Im using a shortened DX cable. Its almost like i adjust it then it slowly pulls back down the more i use it. What can be the problem? Thanks

Sean
Old 03-25-2003, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Clutch cable problem after swap... (sCeRaXn)

As you know, the adjustment nut is plastic and the threads that it turns on are plastic. If you have a heavy clutch, there could be so much pressure put on the adjustment nut that it has stripped out the treads of the nut and shaft just enough to allow them to slip when the pressure is applied. You might just need to replace that cable.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:38 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Clutch cable problem after swap... (Buzz Kill)

Yup... had that happen before with a shitty dual-diaphram pressure plate on my old CRX. Stripped the threads on one clutch cable..... snapped the cable on another clutch cable. When I changed my clutch out, I went back to a good single diaphram pressure plate and didn't have that problem again.